CoconJS 1.4.4 is live (Ouya support!)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • szymek

We all know that Ouya is bad when it comes to game sales, popularity, etc. We are just excited finally able to get our games on a TV. This is the first step, before Scirra allows us to deploy our games to Wii U, Xbox One, and maybe PS4.

• If taking a game I already made and spending an hour on it to make it work on the OUYA, the rest is pure profit. Even if it's a a few hundred to a few thousand bucks

I wouldn't spend my time to make a game exclusive for the ouya though.

• yes, I know.

ArcadEd

100% agreement. I forgot about that.

• If taking a game I already made and spending an hour on it to make it work on the OUYA, the rest is pure profit. Even if it's a a few hundred to a few thousand bucks

I wouldn't spend my time to make a game exclusive for the ouya though.

Which is why I changed my mind about making an Ouya exclusive after learning about the horrible sales.

However, I just may port my Galaxy Aggression game over to Ouya now, just need to buy the console now from Gamestop lol..

• szymek - From what I can tell it's a silly idea to pin all your efforts on developing for Ouya, but that the main reason so many games fail to make any money is, well, they are phone games. I don't see why anyone is paying for a console then paying for a game when they could just have it everywhere on their phone instead. This may not be the case as I don't really have an good knowledge of the Ouya library, but from all the game you just listed - and every other game I've heard of on it - this is the case.

So I reckon the only people who could make decent cash from it are people building for other targets (that involve more than a touch screen) and then porting that over. Maybe a really good fighter or something.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tobye

it seems that Ouya is weak console, with bad marketing, weak games and bad business model (for most people "demo" game is enough) - but I agree with ArcadEd: it is always better to put game on new environment, because every dollar counts. So it's nice that CocoonJS supports Ouya.

• i dont know for ouya unfortunately i dont have it.i dont see layout by layout loading in the update, so the only(?) major(?) update is for ouya i think.Anyway the sounds loading ok for me but the same was happened in 1.4.3.

its a step forward for sure but why are you waiting ouya to see your game in tv?you can do it also with a hdmi cable or with an android tv device -its like a usb stick- (china rules) priced about 50$ and it has maybe better hardware than ouya.

Ouya for me failed to bring evolution in consolesIts an overpriced device with outdated hardware(from the moment it came out)and lack of games (and why not exclusive games for ouya too) i hope if they release an ouya 2 device things get better but until then steam OS console will be out and the possibilities maybe are better.

• A comment about power. blah blah blah. Wii was "outdated" on release. Still kicked sales bottom though. But I digress this is about an update and not sales. Let's keep it on topic people.

Are the buttons working for you. I tested my game out and the buttons dont work. The left analog does. I really really need buttons. Is there a mapping of the buttons that might be a little different?

• Yeah, I only tried one button though. The A button in C2 worked as the O button on the ouya pad.

I did try the platformer demo I used in my Tutorial Class and could never get past the Ludei screen. It's a full platformer level so it's roughly 6000x700. I'm guessing the ouya didn't like that.

• Does CocoonJS work again as an export option? Does it no longer totally blow?

• This is awesome! Can't wait to have an OUYA export.

• jayderyu

wii u is nintendo=exclusive games.So without exclusive titles the future is dark for every console.Its a different story nintendo and ouya we cant compare ferrari with zastava sorry.an outdated ferrari still beats an outdated(or a new) zastava.But with the exclusives wiiu can save the day and hope for "resurrection".Even for steam console there's too much talk about exclusives as half life 3 to take people's attention to another(?) ouya-like (i hope not) console.

My biggest concern is that we give so much attention to ouya with the 479 games (and how many buyers?lol)until now, and not for a major update for a better-solid wrapper for android and ios where Millions of people everyday use their stores.

ok multiplatform exports is a great thing but first try to make it work fine and add more features.its not the quantity its the quality of exporters.1 year has passed and even spaceblaster crawls in cocoonjs..

Ok im happy for ouya support many of you guys want it and its good.But for me ouya support is only a tree in a big problematic forest of apple trees and kit-kat-jellybean trees.i think they taste good but i cant taste it for now...12-18 (4 of them animated) sprites, 4 sounds 1 backround and 27 events 16-32 fps its not a very good performance if you take in mind that ive got only one layer (the first stage)and i want another 8 layers at least...

• Are you using a current beta or the last stable release?

• spy84

"My biggest concern is that we give so much attention to ouya with the 479 games (and how many buyers?lol)until now, and not for a major update for a better-solid wrapper for android and ios where Millions of people everyday use their stores. ok multiplatform exports is a great thing but first try to make it work fine and add more features.its not the quantity its the quality of exporters.1 year has passed and even spaceblaster crawls in cocoonjs.."

+1

the issue is that only a few Construct 2 devs use it for real $work$, and others are just dreaming that their RPG will be hit on Wii U in 2015 :)) Besides of that Scirra gets more money from education licenses (yearly) than one-time dev licenses.

• I'm using 146. Did 147 add anything that might change things?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)