[CLOSED] Question to Ashley about piracy

0 favourites

dimakoles

Are you using a pirated version of Construct 2?

newt

I know that I can but I do not.

dimakoles said

6. "What is next? How Ashley can check am I pirate or not?"

Answer: He reads Your forum posts...

dimakoles said

6. "What is next? How Ashley can check am I pirate or not?"

Answer: He reads Your forum posts... I want to make my released soon game engine profitable, that's why I ask this question.

> Answer: He reads Your forum posts... want to make my released soon game engine profitable, that's why I ask this question.

Um I don't believe any exported C2 game has any copy protection. C2 toolkit as some kind, but the resulting games do not. If you want the games to have copy protection. I believe your currently on your own.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Um I don't believe any exported C2 game has any copy protection. C2 toolkit as some kind, but the resulting games do not. If you want the games to have copy protection. I believe your currently on your own.o: why it better for me to pay 119$ for Personal C2 license if I can not to do it just using pirated version? If I want to update my C2 version I just have to install another pirated version.

Those who pay money for C2 explain your decision, please.

I believe the product is good and can get even better. I paid money to support the people developing it so they can continue doing so.

If I ever put a game on the market AND get lots of sales out of it, I would be totally fine with paying back a small amount of it to upgrade to commercial license.

It's human, based on good will and makes sense on a business scale, all good to me.

dimakoles

Because if you like it you buy it. That's it.

It's the equivalent of a master craftsman stealing his tools, everything made with them is tainted...

sved

I believe this answer is what I'm looking for: developer make payment from earned money to invest in himself by investing in C2. Thanks!

The product its very good, i think that piracy is not a problem right now.

I must admit that after i tried the free version i didnt want to pay without trying to export to android. When i tried it (and some other things) with a very outdated hacked version, i bought the license.

We are clients, but we are developers, so we shouldnt be stupid. We must pay for a product that we like if we want that people pay for our good products.

EDIT: Removed my own post, wasn't appropriate

I think the question is, How does one get caught with their pirated app on the App store? If you don't even go on the Scirra forums or website at all, and just pirated C2, made an app, then sold it and didn't mention that it was made with C2, how WOULD they get caught, except pot luck from a C2 supporter downloading the game, hex editing it, and realising the files contain text referring to C2.Even then there is no way to prove that developer used C2 as Windows/Linux/Mac OS app - but not just javascript code from the free games in the internet, that is legal a guess :-)

All is about solidarity there.

dimakoles Jase00

Have you ever been involved in a software piracy trial or read up on one?

If an application is under dispute it needs to be proved it is/is not pirated. Which code must be reviewed (usually by some legal third party).

You can get caught, the question is would anyone pursue it. Big companies like EA would sue, but for a small app on the market? Only (mostly) if you make a butt ton of money.

Picture this, you make an amazing app. You pirated the software of course, no worries. You have 10,000 downloads and you are not worried. A year later your app has 10,000,000 downloads and you generated over a million of dollars. You might get a little more worried people try to target you for pirating.

Picture this, you make an amazing app. You pirated the software of course, no worries. You have 10,000 downloads and you are not worried. Even if my pirated game engine is used for making FREE android game and this game is downloaded 100 times - game engine is still pirated. Why I should not warry about it? Game engine is pirated. If number of pirates will be 80% of total developers that is 1000, than I as game engine creator will loose 4000 * 100$ = 400.000$ where 100$ is the cost of license.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)