Bug with multiple monitors (development)

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • So at home I have my laptop hooked to two additional monitors. At work I only use one additional. Yesterday I had Construct open on the third monitor and when I disconnected this morning and relaunched at work, I could run the program just fine, however ALL the popup windows were trying to display on the not present third monitor.

For some of the big ones like File Open, I was able to use the windows + arrow keys to move them back over, however the smaller, non modal windows like the color picker, etc would not work.

I managed to hack the registry and rename the keys that held the window locations to get some back, but again the color picker never returned.

Could this be added the for the next update, perhaps a command to recover all windows or reset all windows or just force them to check if the desired monitor is available and if not open them in the program window?

Thanks!

• Preferences -> Reset dialogs

• Winner winner chicken dinner!

Thanks so much! Awesome.

• If you're using r132, we already made a change in the latest beta to move off-screen dialogs back on-screen if the monitor setup has changed.

• Even better!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • heh, I literally just had this issue ;)

I had a bit of deja vu reading this.

• I have 3 monitors and this happens to me ALL the time. Everytime I move the construct 2 window the dialogues wander off somewhere else. I cant keep hitting reset dialogues and restarting all the time, that's just nonsense. WHy isnt this fixed? (5 years after the original post) Is there another way? I tried using a third party package (display fusion) but that couldnt fix the issue either.

• Grimmy

Rather than necro-posting in a thread over 4 years old (which essentially was fixed), maybe it would be better to create a new post in the C2 Bugs section, ensuring you follow all the requirements.

If the bug has returned, it would be better if Ashley is made aware.

Thanks

• Grimmy

Rather than necro-posting in a thread over 4 years old (which essentially was fixed), maybe it would be better to create a new post in the C2 Bugs section, ensuring you follow all the requirements.

Thanks

Okay will do. Thanks. Apologies for walking on the grave of a dead forum post.

• Grimmy

Thanks

I have always wondered, why do people not like necro-posting?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)