Best strategy for pricing and ads - mobile

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Lasmelan - Not really, depends on the style and neatness.

• The fact that you paid for a game and it annoys you with ads is, by itself, unappealing to players. I know that if the game is very good, that won't be much of a problem.

• Lasmelan - Yes, to correct my post earlier, this should only be done if your game company is as popular as Piano Tiles developer or Supercell but for us, we are better off with free version + ads or bought version & no ads.

• I haven't had any decent games with 50.000+ downloads yet, so my numbers are not really a good model.

Every 20-30$ I earn from ads, I earn about 1-2$ from an IAP to remove those ads. Nearly all those games had endless levels so the players don't really 'finish' the game. I'm sure a quality game will earn way more with IAP, in the form of currency or in-game-items.

But like I said, I don't have any popular games with a lot of dowloads so I can imagine that a good game will earn more from IAP.

I only recently started experimenting with Rewarded Interstitial Video's too, looking good so far, but I can't give any numbers yet.

Thats interesting. Sounds like you easily make more revenue from ads than from the IAP to remove them. I had thought the revenue from each would be more even.

Yes Ive heard that IAPs are a profitable way to monetize, but for my current game I am not aiming to add that level of complexity. I'm following the advice to keep my first game as simple as possible, I think for the first attempt its more important to just try to finish something, try to make it a good game, with good mechanics and fun to play, get it out there and try to generate good reviews and a following. Then afterwards, ill try to make future projects with in-game currency and IAPs for upgrades etc. Thats the mid - long term plan anyway.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey tunepunk, on a completely unrelated topic for a second, did you notice our user names are similar? All we need is to find a guy called 'codepunk' and we could team up together and make a game studio called 'GamePunk' Ill do art, you do tunes, codepunk does the code.

Maybe we'd need 'marketingpunk' too.

Haha not a bad idea, would be a funny setup. Sorry for late reply to this topic.

Anyway, regarding monetization there's also other factors to consider.

Personally I'm greatly opposed to using ads in game. I don't like ads, they look ugly, and ruin the game experience, and makes the game look cheap, BUT I understand it allows you to earn a bit of profit on a free game.

IAP's are handy BUT forces you to design the game around this monetization model to earn some money on your game. U can restrict the game for those who don't pay. Like Candy Crush U can play for free but you have to wait for new lives, unless you buy more. I don't know how games like crossy road did so well with IAP, I never saw any ingame ads, and no restrictions, other than characters you didn't unlock yet, but I really like this model. Other characters have no advantage/disadvantage. Pure cosmetics, and people seem to buy it.

• it's a hard question. if it's your first game, go with option 1.

when you get loads of players and they know you will do another game - go with option 2.

ignore fully option 3.

to get more money I`ll take op. 3

• Hey guys, how do I configure my Admob to display only gaming ads? I tested my game today and found it was also displaying Adult Dating ads. Good thing I didn't hit the publish button.

• fathijack1999 - no you won't. people hate when they have to pay more then once, or if they have ads that are in the way. so best is either ingame app purchases (cosmetic only) or ads but placed on a few midlevel screens. once you have a lot of players on your own games - then you can think about updating to maybe some combination.

• fathijack1999 - no you won't. people hate when they have to pay more then once, or if they have ads that are in the way. so best is either ingame app purchases (cosmetic only) or ads but placed on a few midlevel screens. once you have a lot of players on your own games - then you can think about updating to maybe some combination.

:Thumbs Up never think about that before. thanks.

• yeah, well think about some new games how they fell fast (like ESO (elder scrolls online)) - they had 3way paying - buy game + monthly supscription + ingame shop.

game fell off in about ~ 3 months.

• Hi all!

I found some interesting articles about application monetization. Here are some links.

1. Ways To Determine The Best Pricing Model For Your App. Proof link: entrepreneur.com/article/276897

2. How to choose the best pricing strategy for your mobile app. Proof: businessofapps.com/how-to-ch ... obile-app/

3. How to Choose the Best Pricing Model for Your Mobile App – Tactics and Strategy. Proof: codetiburon.com/best-pricing-mo ... -strategy/

You can read about the pros and cons of each method. The choice is yours! ))

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)