Asynchronous Multiplayer: Possible?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Just a simple question: Is asynchronous multiplayer (say 2 players against each other) possible right now?

Or is this a planned feature?

And if its possible, how would you go about doing it?

• Yes, turn-based online multiplayer is possible in C2 using the websocket or Ajax object.   There are also a few 3rd party plugins for multiplayer, but I haven't done much experimentation with them. I created an online multiplayer card game using ajax requests, a php server, and a mySQL database. Here's the topic I posted about it. If you scroll to the bottom, there's an explanation of how the multiplayer works.

• It's more a question of How, not If. Data is data it's up to the designer to implement the model of moving the data.

You can use AJAX PHP, Photon, Websocket... past that the rest of the implementation on how is in your hands.

• Yes, turn-based online multiplayer is possible in C2 using the websocket or Ajax object.   There are also a few 3rd party plugins for multiplayer, but I haven't done much experimentation with them. I created an online multiplayer card game using ajax requests, a php server, and a mySQL database. Here's the topic I posted about it. If you scroll to the bottom, there's an explanation of how the multiplayer works.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I have a similar idea but bit more complex. Its going to be the most complex thing I have ever come up with. I am going to mock it up as a board game first to make sure it works, and then move to the video game world (possibly)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It is , You could do it in C2 by saving a file to a cloud service where multiple people can access the same file , or something like that ... and have the same files , and access it , every ticks for the 2 players

1 tick , access and save , player one

2 tick , access and save , player two

I never tried it , and I don't know if it'll work , but yeah , it's just an idea

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)