Ashley, any updates on the Wii U exporter?

0 favourites
  • Aw yiss, this is VERY interesting indeed!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Of course, the logistics of this whole thing are going to be interesting, to say the least. I'm assuming that testing a C2-made Wii U would require a dev kit, which, unfortunately, can be somewhat expensive, though I imagine there might be ways around that, considering the type of stuff we're working with. Actually providing dev kit functionality to normal Wii Us runs the risk of exposing exploits for hackers, which Nintendo does not want, though I am personally a supporter of the homebrew scene.

Still, I really do hope we'll be able to test C2 games without having to get a dev kit just to do it.

• I wounder when we will have an officially statement from Ashely or in the blog about it and the finer details.

• Of course, the logistics of this whole thing are going to be interesting, to say the least. I'm assuming that testing a C2-made Wii U would require a dev kit, which, unfortunately, can be somewhat expensive, though I imagine there might be ways around that, considering the type of stuff we're working with. Actually providing dev kit functionality to normal Wii Us runs the risk of exposing exploits for hackers, which Nintendo does not want, though I am personally a supporter of the homebrew scene.

Still, I really do hope we'll be able to test C2 games without having to get a dev kit just to do it.

That is unfortunately not going to happen. While I believe in the noble ideals of homebrew, and will no more mention hackers. Scirra is legal liable company. They will not have any support for to run Nintendo Webframe work without the developer(you and me) having proper developer run time. As WiiU is a closed runtime system without the Devkit there is no way we will be able to test without it.

The only way to test without it, would be a WiiU Nintendo WebFramework Wrapper. ie what CocoonJS is and then have server base launching. As Scirra does not write wrappers; odds are we are going to have to go through the legal channels.

I could be wrong on all counts, but this is the perspective I see it as. I also suspect Scirra as of the contractual signing will have to be far more tiptoeing about what they can talk about and not.

I'm hoping to hear some awesome news from Scirra soon on the subject and where it is all going :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)