Are there any plans for a Holiday sale this season?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Enjoy a complete collection that will take your holiday scenes from the mundane and stale to a magical holiday!
  • I've been using C2 free for quite a while now, and my project has gotten to the point where I need to purchase the software to continue doing much. However, with money being a bit more tight during the holidays I was wondering if there is any chance Scrirra will be doing a sale in the coming months (even for something like %25 off), or if they stay pretty firm on the price.

I'd like to buy it soon, but dishing out $130 right now just isn't much of an option, so I'm tempted to jump on the Clickteam Fusion 2.5 sale and see about porting over what I have there. Has anyone else around here had a similar dilemma?

• Scirra will usually notify by email of the sales pertaining to the personal or business editions of Construct 2. They don't have many discount sales, yeah I know it sucks but hang in there! I'm quite happy to hear that you've reached the limit of the free edition, it means that your progressing with the software!

• Also keep an eye on steam, it could be discounted there in the winter sale http://store.steampowered.com/app/227240/

• i've tried clickteam, game maker, and so on.. c2 is simply the best for 2d games, game maker is next, and others are just baaaaaaaaaaad..

• Scirra will usually notify by email of the sales pertaining to the personal or business editions of Construct 2. They don't have many discount sales, yeah I know it sucks but hang in there! I'm quite happy to hear that you've reached the limit of the free edition, it means that your progressing with the software!

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for something over the next couple months, and just work with what I have for now. It's possible I can make the game a bit more efficient within the limitations of the free version.

• The easiest is Construct 2, but you will have some issues with the export.

You should try each a little and see how it goes. At the moment Fusion 2.5 has a nice sale on Steam, but watch out for hidden things as needing Developer Licence to include Ads or remove splash logo ... etc. Other than that is decent and has produced some good selling games.

• i've tried clickteam, game maker, and so on.. c2 is simply the best for 2d games, game maker is next, and others are just baaaaaaaaaaad..

This...

I just wish Construct 2 had better first party mobile export support.

• I've been using C2 free for quite a while now, and my project has gotten to the point where I need to purchase the software to continue doing much. However, with money being a bit more tight during the holidays I was wondering if there is any chance Scrirra will be doing a sale in the coming months (even for something like %25 off), or if they stay pretty firm on the price.

I'd like to buy it soon, but dishing out $130 right now just isn't much of an option, so I'm tempted to jump on the Clickteam Fusion 2.5 sale and see about porting over what I have there. Has anyone else around here had a similar dilemma?

Construct 2 is 30% off!!! Your wish came true!

• > I've been using C2 free for quite a while now, and my project has gotten to the point where I need to purchase the software to continue doing much. However, with money being a bit more tight during the holidays I was wondering if there is any chance Scrirra will be doing a sale in the coming months (even for something like %25 off), or if they stay pretty firm on the price.

>

> I'd like to buy it soon, but dishing out $130 right now just isn't much of an option, so I'm tempted to jump on the Clickteam Fusion 2.5 sale and see about porting over what I have there. Has anyone else around here had a similar dilemma?

>

Construct 2 is 30% off!!! Your wish came true!

I just checked this morning. Jumping on it!

• I was definitely sure there was going to be a holiday sale so this morning I purchased mine

• if i buy construct 2 now on early next year construct 3 come out do i have to buy it still.. i am going email support a morning an ask the same question before i buy as i a a very hothead as a poor man and i love with construct 2

• if i buy construct 2 now on early next year construct 3 come out do i have to buy it still.. i am going email support a morning an ask the same question before i buy as i a a very hothead as a poor man and i love with construct 2

Construct 3 is a separate product and will need purchasing even if you already own a license for C2. But Ashley has already stated that there will be a discount for current owners of C2.

https://www.scirra.com/blog/155/the-future-of-construct

[quote:3jccho5g]..upon its release we plan to have a great upgrade deal for existing Construct 2 users.

• i'll be selling my template for iso games and tutorial and assets of 1lvl game i've made all in a pack for 70-80% off in a week or two (you can check through my link in desc.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah, nuts. I've been looking at Construct 2 for awhile but couldn't pull the trigger because of HTML5 limitations. (Real or imagined.)

When I noticed the sale a couple of days ago I downloaded it again to check it out. It's really quite impressive! Logged in this morning to make a purchase and noticed that the price went back up. I'm sure it's worth it, but the sale price was right at the edge of my pre-Christmas comfort zone.

Will it likely go back on sale before the end of the year? What's the history?

• Ah, nuts. I've been looking at Construct 2 for awhile but couldn't pull the trigger because of HTML5 limitations. (Real or imagined.)

When I noticed the sale a couple of days ago I downloaded it again to check it out. It's really quite impressive! Logged in this morning to make a purchase and noticed that the price went back up. I'm sure it's worth it, but the sale price was right at the edge of my pre-Christmas comfort zone.

Will it likely go back on sale before the end of the year? What's the history?

No-one knows other than Scirra themselves, when the next sale will be, but seeing as the latest has only just ended, it likely won't be for a while.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)