Anywhere to suggest features for C3

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • I know C3 is a long way off, but I was curious if there was a place to make a formal feature request for C3?

This may very well have been asked for before, but I'd like to see more modular eventing on a per object basis. For example, I create a bubble. When I click that bubble, I want it to play a popping animation. Right now in C2 I have to determine the instance of the actual bubble clicked upon and write the popping event in the main event sheet. But if I could create that bubble with the click event self contained, I could drop it as many times as I want in a layout, and it would do the same thing every time and not have to write the event for it in the main layout. I could also re-use that same bubble in a different layout and not have to re-write the event logic., I know we could build a module event then include it in whatever layout we use the bubble in, but as a developer it seems to me it'd be cleaner if it were contained at the object level itself. if that makes any sense...

• I know we could build a module event then include it in whatever layout we use the bubble in, but as a developer it seems to me it'd be cleaner if it were contained at the object level itself. if that makes any sense...

I just moved from Stencyl and missed this feature in C2 (It's called "Actor Behaviors" that can be written in Stencyl and reused everywhere).

wizaerd You mentioned "Module Events". What's this? Is this something that could help me here?

.dripple

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • wizaerd You mentioned "Module Events". What's this? Is this something that could help me here?

.dripple

Basically it means creating an event sheet that contains specific events for an object or a piece of logic or even generic routines you use in all event sheets, but can then be included in other event sheets for use.

• Basically it means creating an event sheet that contains specific events for an object or a piece of logic or even generic routines you use in all event sheets, but can then be included in other event sheets for use.

Ah, I understand. Thanks! I'll have a deeper look whats possible and not.

• Nice

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)