Any Tips For Publishing To Windows Phone Store?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • For those who have published Windows Phone apps made from Construct 2, do you have any tips or advice how to get the apps published? Or, is there anything you wish you knew before you started publishing to the Windows Phone Store?

So far, I've found the following two resource:

1. Windows Phone Games with Construct 2

2. How to make a Windows Phone 8 app

Unfortunately, both may be a little dated. So, I'm looking for all the information I can get about this topic. Mostly, from the C2 side.

ps - I've already made WP8 apps before from scratch (C#).

• I can vouch for 'Windows Phone Games with Construct 2' as not being dated. Everything should still be relevant.

In terms of tips - test with different locales. We didn't and had some crashing in certain countries which gave us quite a damaging initial rating. Next, make sure you make a good first impression - overall ranking is very much dependent on initial downloads. Finally, I've noticed games that make regular requests for the user to rate get a lot more positive ratings.

• I can vouch for 'Windows Phone Games with Construct 2' as not being dated. Everything should still be relevant.

In terms of tips - test with different locales. We didn't and had some crashing in certain countries which gave us quite a damaging initial rating. Next, make sure you make a good first impression - overall ranking is very much dependent on initial downloads. Finally, I've noticed games that make regular requests for the user to rate get a lot more positive ratings.

Thank you.

• Thanks ...

• Also keep in mind that WP8 does not support WebGL at this point (8.1 update should fix this in a few months) which means memory management is an issue especially on larger projects. WebGL allows layouts to be loaded into memory one at a time, without it the whole game get's loaded. Even with all the optimization tips I could find, it is still a much slower experience on the Windows Phone than on iOS and Android as I can use CocoonJS for them which provides WebGL and hardware accelerations.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Memory management shouldn't be a problem in WP8. It's a real browser engine, and should be sensible enough to lazy load/discard unused images even in canvas2d mode.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)