Amazon Developing a Console

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • Polygon has a report up on their site saying that Amazon is working on a game console with the Android architecture. I'm assuming that Scirra's new exporter will work well with this. Could be a nice opportunity for Construct 2 users.

Exporting to multiple devices in Construct 2 sure is coming in handy.

Amazon Reportedly Launching Console

-Ben

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • sman118,

Nice find, thanks for the info. This could be interesting, we'll have to wait and see if they can get it right ;)

• Oh damn, so another Ouya coming up. This is good news for developers.

Hopefully with the Amazon brand, it will fair well quickly. 8D

• If they handle it anything like the Kindle, they'll be putting a big picture of it on the Amazon homepage for months. I don't know if the market needs all of these machines, but its nice to have a lot of different avenues for indie developers to release games.

• Oh damn, so another Ouya coming up. This is good news for developers.

Hopefully with the Amazon brand, it will fair well quickly. 8D

How does the Amazon brand help sell a gaming console?

It's like saying Adidas are releasing a gaming console. Like....what?

Also it's not like Amazon users are avid gamers. Most normal people still consider buying games a complete waste of money.

• > Oh damn, so another Ouya coming up. This is good news for developers.

>

> Hopefully with the Amazon brand, it will fair well quickly. 8D

How does the Amazon brand help sell a gaming console?

It's like saying Adidas are releasing a gaming console. Like....what?

Also it's not like Amazon users are avid gamers. Most normal people still consider buying games a complete waste of money.

Oh i dunno, seems they sell new products pretty good.

"In Q1 2013, based on shipments, IDC placed Amazon as the fourth-largest tablet maker, behind Apple, Samsung and ASUS. The US company moved 1.8 million units and held a 3.7 percent share of the market, numbers higher than in Q1 2012.

With the extended availability of its Kindle Fire HD tablets, Amazon becomes a threat to ASUS' place on the podium. The Taiwanese maker shipped 2.7 million fondleslabs and had a 2.7 percent market share in Q1 2013, numbers close to Amazon's. As one of the most popular and largest e-commerce websites in the world, the latter can close that gap in the coming quarters."

betanews.com/2013/05/23/amazon-hunts-more-market-share-takes-its-appstore-and-kindle-fire-tablets-global

Most normal people? I'm not even going to comment on that...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)