Admob is not working anymore and crashes apps.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hello, can anyone explain me what is this ?, do not understand ... the plugin admob and Cordova is included with Construct, what sold here ?.

http://cranberrygame.github.io/request_construct2_cordova_plugins/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'ts a pack of Cranberrygames's plugins. Also available in Scirra store: https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... ugins-1662

EDIT: BTW: AdMob plugin worked fine also for me. I have switched now to CocoonIO but, like a week ago it worked fine.

• Ok, I'm confused, it comes construct including admob plugin.

Does this plugin pack includes admob again ?.

In addition to other plugins that are not included in

construct, am I right ?.

• EDIT: BTW: AdMob plugin worked fine also for me. I have switched now to CocoonJS but, like a week ago it worked fine.

BackendFreak are you mean Cranberrygames's plugin? Anyway I use them and they work well for me too.

• Ok, I'm confused, it comes construct including admob plugin.

Does this plugin pack includes admob again ?.

In addition to other plugins that are not included in

construct, am I right ?.

This pack does not include C2 OTB plugins. Just new (and some old as well) plugins made by Cranberrygame. You may see some plugins which may seem to be duplicated, but they are a bit different. For instance In this pack you will find Phonegap IAP plugin and Cordova IAP plugin. C2 also has it's own OTB IAP plugin right? But the OTB one does not support consumable products. Also I did not manage to restore purchases with the OTB one.

So people used to use Phonegap IAP plugin from Cranberrygame - it worked perfectly. However due to some changes in this rapid technology (not sure which exactly but I believe it's related to the fact that Cordova CLI 5.1.1 is now on the scope) Cranberrygame does not support this plugin any more. It's deprecated now. The valid and tested one is Cordova IAP. Basically for a "normal" user it's the same thing. Does the same job and usage is the same. Just new name.

I'm not sure about AdMob plugin from the pack, because I normally use C2 OTB plugin which is based on Cranberrygame JS code anyway.

• > EDIT: BTW: AdMob plugin worked fine also for me. I have switched now to CocoonJS but, like a week ago it worked fine.

>

BackendFreak are you mean Cranberrygames's plugin? Anyway I use them and they work well for me too.

As I've mentioned above I use C2 plugin for AdMob. But it's not a standalone plugin anyway so we may say I meant Cranberrygame's plugin ;D

• > Ok, I'm confused, it comes construct including admob plugin.

>

> Does this plugin pack includes admob again ?.

> In addition to other plugins that are not included in

> construct, am I right ?.

>

This pack does not include C2 OTB plugins. Just new (and some old as well) plugins made by Cranberrygame. You may see some plugins which may seem to be duplicated, but they are a bit different. For instance In this pack you will find Phonegap IAP plugin and Cordova IAP plugin. C2 also has it's own OTB IAP plugin right? But the OTB one does not support consumable products. Also I did not manage to restore purchases with the OTB one.

So people used to use Phonegap IAP plugin from Cranberrygame - it worked perfectly. However due to some changes in this rapid technology (not sure which exactly but I believe it's related to the fact that Cordova CLI 5.1.1 is now on the scope) Cranberrygame does not support this plugin any more. It's deprecated now. The valid and tested one is Cordova IAP. Basically for a "normal" user it's the same thing. Does the same job and usage is the same. Just new name.

I'm not sure about AdMob plugin from the pack, because I normally use C2 OTB plugin which is based on Cranberrygame JS code anyway.

Hey, thanks for the infor, I now understand better.

• I recently switched from Offical Admob to cranberrygame's Cordova Admob plugin (I know both are made by him)

Now, the full screen ads are not appearing anymore! Banner works fine.

Any idea whats going on? All I did was replace Offical Admob code with Corodova Admob

• What do you mean by "replace Offical Admob code with Corodova Admob"?

Have you changed both C2 plugin and JS library?

• What do you mean by "replace Official Admob code with Corodova Admob"?

Have you changed both C2 plugin and JS library?

I meant, instead of removed C2's Admob object from my project, I changed the code to use cranberrygame 's Cordova Admob plugin. The events, action are all same as official plugin. Similarly using cranberrygame's IAP plugin instead of the official IAP plugin

• Try changing C2 AdMob plugin to Cordova Admob as well. They do the same but after all a bit different JS code stays behind I believe so to make it fully compatibile it's better to use cranberries both C2 plugin and library.

• SamRock - Yes that is the only known way to be able to use Admob on Construct 2 for Android.

The official plugin was a mistake to use, from the start. I only noticed not so long ago that my error with building admob on IntelXDK was because I used the C2 admob plugin instead the cranberry plugin, because I thought it did not exist and cranberry Admob plugins were just meant for Mopub and other non-googleplay stores. But It was just right next to the other Admob plugins all along, the difference was the name is not so clear to me. I thought that IntelXDK required the cranberry plugin, I did not know it also requires cranberry admob plugin for Construct 2 also. Well, just sharing to avoid others to make the same mistake.

• Does the Construct 2 official Admob plug work or not?

If not, has anyone made a bug report?

• It works fine with cranberries phonegap JS library but has some problems with cordova JS library I guess. I have screen freezes sometimes when interstitial pops out, while using C2 AdMob and Cordova JS.

• It works fine with cranberries phonegap JS library but has some problems with cordova JS library I guess. I have screen freezes sometimes when interstitial pops out, while using C2 AdMob and Cordova JS.

Please, where I can download that ?.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)