A Little Help with Rotating Sprites Please.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hey,

So I feel really dumb. I've scoured the forum, looked at capx's and done everything I can think of. I can get my monsters to do everything I need. Use line of sight, path finding, use bullet behavior all when and as I want them to. I just can't get the monster sprites, not the player, to stop rotating. They are rotating and moving toward Player.X and Player.Y. rotating toward the player as the player changes position. I've been putting off asking for help figuring I would just figure it out or stumble across the answer for the past week. Now after 3 hours of adding and messing with behaviors and conditions I'm whooped. I'm sure it's something simple?

Please help. Love the tilemap update.

Thanks.

d.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey,

So I feel really dumb. I've scoured the forum, looked at capx's and done everything I can think of. I can get my monsters to do everything I need. Use line of sight, path finding, use bullet behavior all when and as I want them to. I just can't get the monster sprites, not the player, to stop rotating. They are rotating and moving toward Player.X and Player.Y. rotating toward the player as the player changes position. I've been putting off asking for help figuring I would just figure it out or stumble across the answer for the past week. Now after 3 hours of adding and messing with behaviors and conditions I'm whooped. I'm sure it's something simple?

Please help. Love the tilemap update.

Thanks.

d.

can you explain better what are you triying to do??

how its your game?? platforming or 8 direction top view game?? i will se how i can help :)

• I'm going to bet you built your game off of a top down shooter template. And that template has

EveryTick

Monster.angle = angle(player.x, player.y, monster.x, monster.y)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)