Game Design and Art tutorials - Kickstarter funded!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Casual Game UI Button Flat Design made in vector (Adobe Illustrator).
  • I read it, and, while I understand the point, I think productivity tips are related to organisation, naming conventions, use of functions, and everything that makes you spend less time in edits and modifications.

Looking forward for your Json tutorial, as data management is something most people seems to struggle with.

EDIT: you have 1,2,3,5 instead of 1,2,3,4 on your tutorial

• I think productivity tips are related to [...] everything that makes you spend less time in edits and modifications

I don't really know actually: I used the word productivity literally here. I can change the title with something else anyway. Would "4 ways to improve your coding speed in C2" fit the article better to you?

EDIT: you have 1,2,3,5 instead of 1,2,3,4 on your tutorial

Thanks, I changed that.

I'm sorry for the delays with articles and all everyone, but I'm spread thin with family issues at the moment, and my schedule will be disturbed until early December.

Thanks much!

• Valerien that mades sense actually, it was more a suggestion like a "going foward" part for people to think about that rather than a part of the tutorial itself, no need to actually change the title (as some people might learn all to code faster without thinking of coding a better workflow at first).

• Aphrodite : ah sure, thank you for the suggestion. I have to add something like that, that's true - a solid workflow is what matters the most. JSON (using external data) is meant to be along that line, but it might be interesting to write a more general article.

Anyway, I'll have an easier schedule from Monday onwards, and I must find an office to rent for 2015 (got some trails already). Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up with some healthy days of work next week.

Thanks again!

Nathan

• I updated the post with my first Open Source assets pack: Cartoon Mobile Rounded Icon Buttons. I wanted to make something that would be useful for fellow game designers, regardless of the engine they're using.

Next up is the C2 productivity tips tutorial update!

• Alright, I just updated the tutorial about productivity.

Following on Aphrodite 's suggestion, it now features a Going Further section.

• I'm back with a new article  (★^O^★) ! My 7 most valuable Game Design resources. I dug through lots I have saved up and organized over the past few years, and picked the websites and books that taught me the most! Please tell me if you like it, and if you'd like to see more articles like that.

• Wow, thanks for sharing all this knowledge!

• Just discovered these tutorials. Thank you so much

• Thanks Arlys and steveb25 ! Your words of support are always greatly appreciated.

For this early new year, here's a new Open Source Art Pack on GDquest: Xbox 360 Controller buttons (on openGameArt). Just like the previous one, this pack has been released under a CC0 - Public Domain license! Here's a preview:

Along with it, I wanted to wish you a Happy New Year 2015!

• Hey everybody!

I'm back with 2 Video Tutorials !

1-

Subscribe to Construct videos now

2-

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Coming next week: How to create a radial lifebar in Construct 2 (facebook request).

Please tell me if you like them or not!

• nice tutorials, thanks for sharing!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the videos, i think it will be better if your C2 theme style in white color.

• I was going to ask how he got his theme like that - looks cool.

• Thanks for the feedback everyone!

A0Nasser : if the dark theme confuses people, I can always switch back to the default one for recording! I'll do so for the next video.

blackcrypt : You have to go into Files->preferences, in the colors tab. My theme is based on the dark gray theme, which I tweaked a little bit:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)