User Media Camera with CocoonJS

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Steps to reproduce:

1. instert and setup a normal layout with user media or use the webcam example scene

2. export to cocoonjs

3. load project on any iOS devide

Observed result:

Unable to start any project that has a user media object.

Expected result:

Being able to access the device camera. It used to work on pre R120 releases (at least it wouldn't crash the app)

Browsers affected:

Chrome: no

Firefox: no

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 x64

iOS 6

Construct 2 version:

R132

• The User Media object never worked on CocoonJS, because CocoonJS does not support the HTML5 standard for video capture. For a short time we had experimental support using the custom CocoonJS API, but it was buggy (rotated 90 degrees on Android) and didn't support any useful features like taking screenshots. Since it was broken and not useful in any way, we removed support for it.

You're right that it shouldn't break the app just by being present though - that's fixed in the next build, but it still isn't supported.

• Ashley thank you for you answer! :) At least now I can move on.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley is there any way to use the CocoonJS Camera extension? That seems to do the trick watching the demo but I have no idea how to integrate that in Construct.

• That's what I was talking about when I said we tried it with their custom API, but it was buggy and didn't support any useful features.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)