Turret Problems

• What's with the attitude man? (I'm talking about the comments in your capx)

First bug - If you are using "Add target", then after "Unacquire target" the turret will automatically try to target the same object again unless you Acquire another object immediately afterwards.

read the official manual

Second bug:

Your both LOS conditions (has LOS and has NO LOS) are true and pick instances. That's why when you change the order of events, you first acquire targets, and then immediately un-acquire targets.

These are not bugs, but mistakes on your part.

• What's with the attitude man? (I'm talking about the comments in your capx)

First bug - If you are using "Add target", then after "Unacquire target" the turret will automatically try to target the same object again unless you Acquire another object immediately afterwards.

read the official manual

Second bug:

Your both LOS conditions (has LOS and has NO LOS) are true and pick instances. That's why when you change the order of events, you first acquire targets, and then immediately un-acquire targets.

These are not bugs, but mistakes on your part.

First of all - Thank you for feedback!!!

About my comments in file (I'm very angry - and we live in democracy). Ok forget

First bug: if I understood correctly, I need to apply a clear target... - probably my bad.

Second bug:

I can't understand logic. Ok let look:

For example:

Players: P1,P2,P3,P4 and Enemies: E1,E2,E3,E4.

Their Y coordinates are respectively equal. P1.y = E1.y etc.

Line of Sight -> Cone of View = 1, (only for very long distance P1 will see E2 - whatever)

What comes up:

On start P1 LOS only E1, P2 LOS only E2, P3 LOS only E3, P4 LOS only E4...

When P1 (see) then acquire target E1, P2 - E2 ... because every P* have LOS only one object E* - TRUE or not? I think TRUE!!!

Why you say that P1 NOT LOS same time too. Where i do mistake?

----------------------------

OK. And let look next. I create new reply with image (same CAPX, but changes not uploading, so please see the picture) !

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I told you why - because both conditions ("has LOS" and "has NO LOS") pick instances.

Each PlayersFam sees one EnemiesFam instance, and doesn't see the other 3 instances.

So "PlayersFam has NO LOS to EnemiesFam" event picks 3 EnemiesFam for each of PlayersFam, and as a result, all 4 EnemiesFam are picked.

Use expression PlayersFam.PickedCount inside this event to check how many instances were picked. You'll see that in both events 4 PlayersFam and 4 EnemiesFam are picked.

You probably need to change your events to something like this:

PlayersFam has NO Target

...For each PlayersFam

........PlayersFam has LOS to EnemiesFam -> PlayersFam acquire target EnemiesFam

• Closing, report ignored the bug report guidelines (steps to reproduce, expected result and observed result are all missing) so it's not clear what the problem is. Additionally judging by dop2000 it looks like this is simply a mistake in the events, which is very common when reporting bugs. If you still want us to investigate please post a new issue following all the guidelines, and please note the section in the guidelines on producing a minimal project (the provided one has 44 events so it's not clear precisely what you want us to look at or where the problem is).

Please also note there's no point getting angry: it may well just be a mistake in events, and at this point in Construct 2's lifecycle, it's robust enough that the majority of bug reports we get are indeed just mistakes. Before the real problem is understood it's extremely difficult to know what really is to blame. I touched on this a bit in this blog post. So it's best not to get wound up over it before you've proven it's not just a mistake!

• I misunderstood HasLineOfSight and Turret behavior. Sorry for panic!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)