[SOLVED] Anchor behavior stretches sprites

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Build your map with these isometric objects and terrains
  • Problem Description

Sprites with the anchor behavior are being stretched at runtime, depending on the viewport resolution and orientation.

Capx

[attachment=0:1n0ivtrs][/attachment:1n0ivtrs]

Description of Capx

Just a few sprites with the anchor behavior.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Use the anchor behavior on any sprite

Observed Result

Stretching of the sprites + delayed/wobbly update of the sprite position on rescale

Expected Result

No scaling

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win7 sp2

Construct 2 Version ID

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • left and top edges are positioning relative to the screen, right and bottom edges are scaling relative to the screen.

https://www.scirra.com/manual/88/anchor

and If I read correctly (could only explore the capx with a zip and text editor), you are setting right and bottom edges on some of them.

setting left edge to left will position it relative to the left border of the screen (the left border and left edge will be at the same distance)

setting left edge to right will position it relative to the right border of the screen

setting right edge to right will make it stretch to have its right edge at the same relative position to the right border of the screen without touching the left edge

same logic for top and bottom

that is why on your screenshot some are placed as intented at the top, continue only using the left and top edge on the bottoms one to have the same result.

• Thanks Aphrodite ! I actually checked the manual before, but just skimmed through the page. My bad! Sorry for that!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)