- After creating a new "Multiplayer- Chat Client [intermediate]" template in C2, I'm unable to connect my mobile device (BlackBerry) to the chat application
- Desktop Browsers Chrome and FireFox work fine (IE doesn't, but I don't care (says "Multiplayer not supported" which is fine)
- Thinking it was related to the template itself, I also tried the multiplayer ghostshooter found here with the same unsuccessful results:
http://www.scirra.com/labs/multiplayer/ghostshooter -- where I still receive a similar "Kicked (failed to establish connection or host quit) Signalling disconnected"
Attach a Capx
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=4 ... der%2ccapx
Description of Capx
- The CAPx is the C2 Chat Client verbatim
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Launch CAPx template of chat client and preview on local LAN on a mobile device connected to the same network as your PC (I was using a BlackBerry)
After trying to connect, I see the following error:
NotSupportedError: DOM Exception 9: The implementation did not support the requested type of object or operation http://x.x.xx:50000/c2mp-peer.js, line 127 (col undefined)
This is likely a bug in C2 blah blah blah
After dismissing the error, I see the following in the chat terminal:
Connecting to server...
Connected, logging in...
Logged in as '<alias>' joining room...
<5ish second pause>
Kicked (either could not connect to host or host quit)
- Just as I am able to connect using desktop browsers on the same network, I'd like to be able to connect with mobile devices to the chat client
- Chrome: (NO) WORKS
- FireFox: (NO) WORKS
- Internet Explorer: (YES) C2 doesn't let me get past the entering a alias, it simly says "Multiplayer not supported" so I presume this is expected
- BlackBerry Browser (YES)
Operating System and Service Pack
Construct 2 Version ID