From the Asset Store
Customize the animation of character when item changed
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

Sent by email

Steps to reproduce:

1. Run layout

2. Follow instructions on screen

Observed result:

After removing all effect, a new effect is added to a sound. Instead of keeping playing, the sound play stops immediatly. On consecutive removing/adding actions, the sound plays two times (notably delayed to each other) with the effect applied to both copies.

Expected result:

The sound plays with or without effect and not two times simultanously.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: unable to test (doesn't support web audio on my system)

Internet Explorer: unable to test (Explorer 9+ doesn't run on my system)

Operating system & service pack:

WinXP SP3 32-bit

Construct 2 version:

r 139 stable

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you make a simpler example, with fewer events, and fully automated perhaps? I find this just a little confusing, and I don't think I understand your description. The layout says "As soon as the effect is added, sound play stops". But I don't hear it stop, it just keeps playing with the effect. Am I misunderstanding?

BTW I tested with r144.2.

• No, you aren't misunderstanding. The sound stops the first time the effect is added, whenever I test it. After that it doesn't stop anymore but plays doubled. That's why it wasn't fully automated, to give a chance to restart the sound play.

I'll try to build another approach.

• Ashley

The reason for your confusion is the use of r144.2. I installed it and found out that it behaves differently. The first function call to pause the audio in the preloads-complete-event is never triggered. I'll open a separate bug report for this issue.

However, I also found out, what is causing the issue I described. It happens when only preloading 1 audio file and not both while your system is too slow to load the effect's audio in time. Since you have a much faster computer than me (faster processor, faster system), I think your pc managed to load the second audio file to RAM just in time, so that you are not experiencing the issue.

What do you think, is this a web audio issue more than a C2 one? Or should C2 make sure that the add effect command is only executed, if a sound file that an effect needs (for example the convolution effect) is already loaded to RAM?

• Can you post a new example which is as simple as possible and has the correct instructions in the .capx? I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding. It really is a lot more convenient if you can post the .capx here as well.

• Ashley

I'm very sorry, but this is driving me crazy. I can only reproduce the issue, if using the exact capx I sent to you. Even more, now with r144.2 I can only reproduce it if

a) I start C2 fresh

b) Chrome isn't already started when previewing

All other attempts to reproduce it failed by now. I even recreated the whole old capx from scratch with r144.2 to no avail.

And on top of it all: If I start r144.2 fresh, load a capx made with 144.2, and THEN load the old audio issue capx as a second project and preview (so Chrome ISN'T started yet) - the issue also DOESN'T show up.

With this result I propose to close this bug report. If I should be able to reproduce it reliably anytime in the future I'll open another.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)