R139 on 64b Windows 8

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

n/a

Steps to reproduce:

hard to say... 20-30% of save attempts will result in crashes. Any attempt is very small files as I am just learning. Happens on multiple different files. Very unstable.

Observed result:

C2 crashes on SAVE. I am also seeing legacy effects if I restart. Eventually multiple crashes will worsen performance of both the laptop and subsequent uses of C2

Expected result:

should be able to save file

Browsers affected:

N.A

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 8 Pro 64bit

Construct 2 version:

R.139

Rho

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We can't do anything about this without steps to reproduce. Also this does not appear to be a common report so it suggests it could be a problem with your system. Are your graphics card drivers up to date? Have you set up any backup locations and are they all responding?

• that was the point really.. I'm not sure how to track this down and I could not see any dumpfiles or other crash diagnostics.

However continued investigation looks like it's tied to me using key-shortcuts alt-f-s sometimes saves, sometimes crashes. Actually my last crash occurred by using ALT-F to call up the file menu before I even got to the save function.

Hitting the "save" button with the mouse is much more reliable in that I've not seen that cause a crash.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)