Physics strange thing with polygon shape

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Strange factory themed set of tiles for your platformer game
  • Problem Description

Two objects with same physics settings shared by family, but having two different polygon shapes will move in different way.

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mwc6x8ywshf72st/PhysicsGlitch.capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

Two physics objects with impulse applied to the right to see how they move. The red one is using "circle" for Physics collision mask property, the blue one is on "use collison polygon", wich is square. No gravity, no air friction or anything.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create two same objects with physics.
    • Set the firt one on circle collison mask, the second on collision polygon.
    • Make them move the same way with no gravity.

Observed Result

The object with circle shape move faster than the one with collision polygon given the same impulse.

Expected Result

Objects with same mass given the same impulse should move at the same speed. Any thing i miss ?

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • NodeWK: (YES)
    • Others: (NOT TESTED)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 SP 1

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 221 64 bit

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sprite has a mass of 16 whereas Sprite2 has a mass of 20.... I think you might be confusing density with mass.

• Ho, thanks. I really miss something. I saw the different mass in the debugger but how to set the mass in editor ? Both objects are same, I didn't set the mass.

Edit : Really sorry, I didn't search enough.

"Mass

The mass of the physics object, as calculated by the physics engine. This is the area of the object's collision mask multiplied by its density."

From the manual : https://www.scirra.com/manual/98/physics

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)