Object browser doesnt show (Solved)

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • UPDATE:

Solved it by resetting the Dialogs in Preferences. Probably because of the F4 used to hide/show them, and it being the same button for Running the program.

Link to .capx file (required!):

dropbox.com/s/ftc8rnzmlultqm3/Test.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. When you want to assign value of "int Test" from one sprite to the other sprites "int Test" value. Or whenever you have to assign a value.

Observed result:

Not sure if its a bug or i have accidently turned something off, and not really sure that the capx I have linked will help.

But when I want to assign a value to something or want to test a variable, you normally have a window, where you can browse other objects so you don't have to remember the name of everything, but you can select it in that window.

For some reason that window doesn't show. So I have to remember the name of all variables I have created and those that comes with construct 2.

For instant I normally use Static names for string variable that I store as Global static variables and normally If I want to test these for whatever reason or assign that name to something, I can normally just select it in a list. But that doesn't show. I get the dropdown list when I type something.

Expected result:

That I would be able to browse to the correct variable that Im looking for.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes/no

Firefox: yes/no

Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 service pack 1

Construct 2 version:

r146 and r148 beta

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)