Nw.js not returning users folder

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

Expresion UserFolder from Nw.js is returning \\ instead of Users\katy.kaiser

Attach a Capx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Q_XD ... 1lTG8/view

Description of Capx

I've attached both capx and the exported project in nw.js. In my pc it works allright, but I sent it to a web that sells desktop games and they told me that the game didn't load. After some debuging we've find that in his pc the expresion UserFolder from nw.js is returning \\ instead of his real route (Users\katy.kaiser).

She also has proved in one of his mate's pc and it also doesn't work.

I copy here the response they've given me:

Hi Sergei,

I got the same error when I tried the 32-bit and 64-bit windows version (using the Run as Administrator technique). It doesn’t locate the proper folder (first button populates “\\” only) and doesn’t actually create any folders in my Users\katy.kaiser\AppData folders.

The test version did function correctly on my Mac, however, so that’s good news!

Kind regards,

Katy

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Just click the button above, it should return users default folder in the textbox next to it.

Observed Result

\\ is returned instead of the real user's folder

Expected Result

Fill the text with the user's folder

Affected Browsers

Nw.js

Operating System and Service Pack

Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160408-2045)

Construct 2 Version ID

Nw version

Nw.js v0.15.0.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can't reproduce this, it works here, and you say it works for you too.

We can't fix bugs unless we can reproduce the problem. It could be something broken on just that user's system otherwise.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)