NWJS not completely closing when exiting app

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.

Is the nwjs team even aware of the problem yet?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

Is the nwjs team even aware of the problem yet?

I don't think so. We could report the issue here:

https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues

But if the gui.App.quit(); command works properly, which it seems to, then it seems this would be something to fix in Construct rather than in NW.JS.

I have observed this as well with my Non-Steam copy and Non-Steam game. I am running x64 Windows 10 and my task manager is populated with a ton of these after testing in NWJS. They do take up a small amount of memory (for my project around 30-60mb), so it may be a problem for low end users.

Is this a Windows 10 problem? I have after uninstall an reinstall NWjs4c2 no problems with nw-tasks after exit a nw program under windows 7.

EDIT- Ok I worked on this issue a little more with the help of a programmer friend and we figured out a better possible solution.

1. Find your exported project's package.nw file and open it (it can be opened as a zip).

2. Open up the index.html file inside that archive.

3. Paste this code right before the last closing </script> tag:

var win = window['nwgui'].Window.get();

win.on('close', function () {

window['nwgui'].App.quit();

});

4. Save the new index.html file and the changed package.nw.

5. Test out your game to see if all processes close fully upon exit.

Quicksand It seems to work for me! Thanx for the workaround.

I've incorporated that workaround for the next beta. That should paper over the cracks for existing projects, and new projects should not be affected anyway, since I think this stemmed from upgrading a NW.js 0.12 app. Closing.

I've incorporated that workaround for the next beta. That should paper over the cracks for existing projects, and new projects should not be affected anyway, since I think this stemmed from upgrading a NW.js 0.12 app. Closing.

Confirmed.

Fixed in r255.

No ghost processes in a project that previously had them.

newt - A new typo *r225. XD

Typo, or wishful thinking.

Ashley

I'm still seeing it, in 225 and now in 226. 3 instances are openned while previewing using NWjs, but only 1 closes leaving 2 hanging

MelVin, I created and submitted a bug report to the nw.js github here a few days ago. Version 14 rc3 appears to be unavailable now - I am hopeful that this will help fix the problem.

It's possible that the workaround is reportedly not working in the newest new versions of NW because, as I saw when researching that fix, the documentation said they were in the process of changing and deprecating some of the old syntax requirements for the NW gui.

I've been seeing this issue lately with my game since updating it on steam. I haven't gotten any steam customer complaints about it yet. Hopefully the new beta comes out soon, and I can do another export to fix this. Currently its just a matter of killing the processes in task manager, but its obviously not ideal to expect players to do that. There was another nw.js issue people complained about, though. If they have two or three monitors the game always opened on the wrong monitors. I have no idea how to fix that either.

oh... I just realized I'm a few weeks behind on new releases.

Maybe its actually fixed already.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)