NWJS not completely closing when exiting app

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.

I dug around on the nw.js forums. Apparently, some file in the "manifest.json" ? or "package.json" ? (I'm not sure where these live in the filesystem, if you do, please tell us), can become corrupted, and can "blacklist" the name of your app.

Changing the "Name ______ " of my project in "Project Properties" instantly solved the problem.

Could you try and let us know?

christina

Same problem here. The 32 Bit Version works once, then I have to rename it, then it works one again. The 64 Bit Version doesn't work it all.

It seems that the window of the 32 Bit Version ist out of the screen, because I see ne NWjs task in the Task-Manger.

christina, thanks for the info, I'll be trying this later today after work, thanks for the info!

Found out that the 64 Bit version is looking for nw.dll.pdb and didn't found it and then crashes.

The 32 Bit version reading data from Users\<username>\AppData\Local\<name of program>

If I delete the directory with the name of the program it works again once without renaming. I seems that the data are corrupt.

I already have reviewers complaining about the nw.exe not closing, if this isn't fixed it will be an epidemic when my game launches on the 28th

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

When I was working on the Steam integration using the greenworks plugin, I read somewhere that adding

"single-instance": true[/code:312d362o]
    to the package.json file would force nw to run all processes in a single .exe, and this would make the steam overlay work properly. I remember this working back then but I just went to check it now and it's actually running 2 different processes.. 

This is most definitely a NW.js bug.

It is a nw.js bug, it was introduced in 0.13 beta 2 (grrrr) and fixed recently (don't run beta 2).

It makes the game run off-screen, in distant coordinates.

The fix is to delete your exported folder.

https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/4265

It is a nw.js bug, it was introduced in 0.13 beta 2 (grrrr) and fixed recently (don't run beta 2).

It makes the game run off-screen, in distant coordinates.

The fix is to delete your exported folder.

https://github.com/nwjs/nw.js/issues/4265

Do you mean delete the game data folder in AppData/Local ? If so, I've done this and it doesn't make a difference :/

Facing the same problem here as well, the after the app is shut down via close, two of the smaller NWJS process are removed while the largest memory process NWJS is not removed and are still in the task manager.

If you keep opening the same NWJS game, you get a repeat process over and over again every time you do so.

This accumulate to around 7 NWJS processes after I restarted and close the game four times after the first initial attempt.

This is bad and didn't occur in the 10.5 version. I am facing this today after upgrading both my C2 and NWJS.

Image show my task manager after the fifth app shut down.

Can we resolve things on our end by forcefully shutting down all nwjs process after browser.close is activated?

EDIT: Changing the app name or deleting the app folder in the user local directory did nothing to resolved this. Just to be clear, the game run perfectly. It's the game not being able to be close properly that worries me.

Like others, I am only getting this effect once the game had use more than a single layout in the runtime. Using a test case with one layout does not produce this effect while using a test case with three layouts (Basically the first two layouts go to another layout after a second had passed) produce the bug.

Can someone notify the nwjs team regarding this?

After renaming the project, this issue no longer appeared on my end

After renaming the project, this issue no longer appeared on my end

What is your operating system, may I ask?

I am using Windows 7 64 bit using non-Steam version of C2.

I tried both 32 and 64 bit version of the exported nwjs and the issue persist in both version.

We've got multiple bugs being talked about here.

This thread is about multiple exes not shutting down on close.

I think the other is about Nwjs not running on Windows 10.

Trying one bugs solution might work for the other, but logic would indicate otherwise.

We've got multiple bugs being talked about here.

This thread is about multiple exes not shutting down on close.

I think the other is about Nwjs not running on Windows 10.

Trying one bugs solution might work for the other, but logic would indicate otherwise.

Agreed. Though I'm on Win 10 and everything else is working (minus the left over nw.exe)

What baffles me is... ( correct me if I'm wrong here ) Multiple instances when running/previewing a project seems to be normal. Not seeing the issue there considering the fact that NW is based on chromium and when you open a single chrome window you get multiple chrome.exe instances in your task manager.

Example

as you can see multiple tasks for single chrome window... And a left over nw.exe

I think the main issue is once a project/preview is closed a remaining instance of NW.exe is still active.

Sethmaster Same as you. This problem doesn't seem to be persistent through every system. Tried a build of my project on my other computer with same OS specs and yet it worked but not on my current pc. Copying everything into a new project works like a charm but obviously my project its only 800 events so not much of a hassle for me.

So far it works but Im expecting something else to appear soon.

Any update on this Ashley ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)