[Not a bug report] Crashes since R138

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hello,

This isn't a bug report yet, since I can't reproduce this 100% of the time. I'm making this post to see if anyone else has encounter this, and may add some usable information.

Since R138 (and in R138.2 too), I'm having random crashes on C2, in various cases.

First I had was when switching from an event sheet to a layout in editor. With no reason that I could understand fully, all the sprites started to "forget" their current image, and the program crashed with no bug report to help.

I also had 3 times a crash when just "waiting" in an event sheet, doing nothing but looking through the code (even one time without touching my mouse or keyboard).

The same project 5 min later didn't crash at all, and I could sometime work around 2 hours without problems.

One of the 3 times was just after a restart of my computer,

I never had any problem with C2 since I started using it, and as far as I can tell I didn't change anything with my computer since.

I'm using a windows 7 SP1 up to date, on a x86 processor (intel core i7).

I'm sorry this "report" isn't accurate, and I would love if anyone having similar problem could report it too. If you have any usable information, I'm sure this could help, as this initial post is worthless as it is.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • On the 11th (r138) I got 3 of these running 3 times in a row, just scrolling my layout:

Faulting application name: Construct2.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51dec642

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec4aa8e

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000c40f2

Faulting process id: 0x1dbc

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce7ea49510c692

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Construct 2 BETA\Construct2.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: dbe32085-ea97-11e2-9a3d-415645000030

Since then I can not reproduce at all, so I didn't report.

• Closing, we can't action any bug reports which don't have reproducible issues. Most crashes are actually the graphics card driver (especially likely if sprite images go glitchy), so check your drivers are up to date.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)