No HTML5 on chrome?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____

Hello,Today i remaked the basic space shooter game with custom images,a few events and so on. My problem is that on test mode it runs like charm,then i uploaded it to my dropbox and when i try to run it it says: "Your browser does not appear to support HTML5. Try upgrading your browser to the latest version. What is a browser? ". I have the latest google chrome(43),also tried on firefox and didn't worked either.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

dropbox. com/s/vin8qi0kub5yic3/Gy%C3%B3gy%C3%B3sklub%20A%20Krumplik%20L%C3%A1zad%C3%A1sa.capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____

It is just a very silly game my friend requested

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 index.html
    • Step 2 Dead?
    • Step 3 Not profit.

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

It prints out the following:

Your browser does not appear to support HTML5. Try upgrading your browser to the latest version. What is a browser?

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Apple Safari

Google Chrome Frame for Internet Explorer

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

The game to start

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____

Win7 64bit newest service pack

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____ The Steamy Steam version

Edit: my dropbox URL were removed, Message: kisscsabi11 is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 2 URLS removed.

• kisscsabi11

Here is your project running off my Dropbox account: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34306693/SEUP/index.html

Not a bug. Must be something you've done wrong.

Check browser console.

Make sure you haven't got any browser addons blocking the site.

Some websites are sensitive to certain font characters (umlaut etc), so don't have unusual font characters in your filename.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Interesting,the link you provided also works but in preview mode if refuses to.

Console throws out a lot of errors:

Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'DOMWindow': The target origin provided ('https://dl-web.dropbox.com') does not match the recipient window's origin ('null').

chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/content.js:7 Blocked script execution in 'https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Gy%C3%B3gy%C3%B3sklub%20a%20krumplik%20l%C3%…ml?_subject_uid=283282670&w=AABn_58CVe1qdqmOYI2zWRVPne8CVD_1VwA8Lq7QbmI8tg' because the document's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-scripts' permission is not set.g.backupProps chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/content.js:7

9index.html:1 Blocked script execution in 'https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Gy%C3%B3gy%C3%B3sklub%20a%20krumplik%20l%C3%…ml?_subject_uid=283282670&w=AABn_58CVe1qdqmOYI2zWRVPne8CVD_1VwA8Lq7QbmI8tg' because the document's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-scripts' permission is not set.

index.html:1 Creating Application Cache with manifest index.html:1 Application Cache Checking event

index.html:1 Application Cache Error event: Manifest fetch failed (403) Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened.

How do you get your file with dl.dropboxusercontet.com instead of dropbox.com? Maybe the problem is that it won't work in preview mode?

• Newer members don't get access to public links with Dropbox now, or so i've heard. Maybe that's your issue (and it's also why my link is different as I've been with them quite a while).

Maybe try a different free hosting - they are quite prevalent.

Also, since you've seen it working now, I'm going to delete it from my Dropbox account. I need the room!

• No,i am not a new member of dropbox. I have been using it since a year or so (Minecraft...). I have tried it with Google Drive too.

https:// docs.google.com/ document/d/12nC_GwKGhE_uSXeG2aXCPynpvHAeTf39VVH4__XJKHk/edit

• I am facing similar problems. I cannot export using google drive... the tutorial is outdated and irrelevant

• Newer members don't get access to public links with Dropbox now, or so i've heard. Maybe that's your issue (and it's also why my link is different as I've been with them quite a while).

Maybe try a different free hosting - they are quite prevalent.

Also, since you've seen it working now, I'm going to delete it from my Dropbox account. I need the room!

not true... anyone can view a dropbox link as long as they have an account... and u cannot host a html5 via dropbox if you dont have premium account from dropbox.... same goes for google drive

• If I understand what you're after correctly, you need to do the following to run games on dropbox:

1. Copy your game folder into the "Public" folder on dropbox.

2. Find the "index.html" file in that game folder. (I do this through my account at dropbox.com, not windows explorer)

3. Click "Copy public link"

4. Paste that link into a web browser, send it to your friends, etc.

Clicking on the file inside dropbox.com will try to open it directly, which doesn't work. Only the public link will load the game. Hope that helps.

• kisscsabi11 - it looks like (guessing from the error messages you posted) you have a browser addon installed which is breaking things. Or you have script disabled or something similar. Try disabling all your browser addons and try again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)