Multiplayer timeout (Attempting to establish connection to host...)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Hello,

I am trying to use multiplayer. However, the logs just say "attempting to establish connection to host..." but then it just kicks for timeout.

Joining as host, however, does work perfectly.

I thought it was my code's fault so I tried the default "Multiplayer game example" game. The same problem occurred.

Also, my VPN sent me a message when I connected as a peer saying that this website might compromise your data. This made me think that this bug could have something to do with firewall or antivirus.

I suggest you make an alternative way of multiplayer (e.g. using your server as host) because for now this peer-to-peer idea or websocket do not feel very stable.

If this matters, I am using a public network but I tried to connect via VPN and it still did not work.

I thought this might be scirra signaling server so I purchased and set up my own, but that did not help at all.

Another thing, when a peer tries to join, the host gets a popup with the following error:

JavaScript error!
    Object doesn't support property or method 'createDataChannel' http://mywebsite.com/c2mp-peer.js, line 192 (col 4)
    This may be a bug in Construct 2 or a third party plugin behavior - please report it to the developer following the bug report guidelines. Errors will be logged to the console.

And the console error I get is:

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'createDataChannel'

Please fix this or tell me the solution ASAP.

Thanks.

• Please see the bug report guidelines for posting in this forum - we need more details like specifically which browser/OS versions are affected, steps to reproduce, etc. Also in general whether or not connections can be established depends on your network configuration.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Could not find the guidelines. Also, I figured this only happens on computers with no admin rights. I also think it can be because of firewall or something.

• Could not find the guidelines. Also, I figured this only happens on computers with no admin rights. I also think it can be because of firewall or something.

construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/bugs-21/must-read-first-bug-report-req-39300

The sticky topic on top in the bugs forum that is named:

***MUST READ FIRST!*** Bug report REQUIREMENTS

• It doesn't look there are any guidelines over there though.

• Ha right, this hasn't been corrected yet.

Here is a template :

## Problem description

<!-- Enter a concise description of your problem here -->

## Attach a .capx

<!-- A minimal Construct 2 project (.capx) is required to be attached. Your issue will likely be closed without investigation if you don't provide one. Please see the guidelines -->

## Steps to reproduce

<!-- There is no need to explain how you made the attached project. Just explain what to do to with it to observe the issue. -->

## Observed result

<!-- What do you see happen? -->

## Expected result

<!-- What did you expect to happen instead? -->

## Affected browsers

* Chrome: yes/no

* Firefox: yes/no

* Edge: yes/no

* Safari: yes/no

## System details

<!-- The OS and hardware specifications of your computer where you are encountering the issue -->

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)