http://localhost:50000/Arr_plugin.js, line 65 (col 14)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • Problem Description

I have been creating ccg. Currently my project has around 700 events, don't think that i can share it here without a lot of explanations, but maybe this bug has general solution.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• I play card with effect 1.
    • After this i play card with effect 2 and sometimes browser declines effect of this card and shows me message of error.

Observed Result

Text of error message in Mozilla Firefox

[quote:1te99tm6]Javascript error!

TypeError: a is undefined

http://localhost:50000/Arr_plugin.js, line 65 (col 14)

This is likely a bug in Construct 2 or a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer. Subsequent errors will be logged to the console.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 8 ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ 190 ____

• Excuse me for double post, but please answer me when you have free time as soon as possible. At least whether is it internal bug for sure or i need to continue searching errors in my events. I became very disappointed, because i invested a lot of time to make this project and now can't understand how to make it work.

In chrome error looks a bit different.

"[quote:udxa2bgr]Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

http://localhost:50000/Arr_plugin.js, line 65 (col 22)

This is likely a bug in Construct 2 or a third party plugin or behavior - please report it to the developer. Subsequent errors will be logged to the console.

So, col 22 instead of 14 and property 'length' instead of 'a'.

In console i see:

"[quote:udxa2bgr]Arr_plugin.js:65 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

and when i press to view code in developer tool of Chrome i see that "for (i = 0, len = a.length; i < len; i++)" in next code is underlined and marked as error:

[quote:udxa2bgr]function freeArray(a)

{

// Try to recycle any other arrays stored in this array

var i, len;

for (i = 0, len = a.length; i < len; i++)

{

if (Array.isArray(a))

freeArray(a);

}

a.length = 0;

arrCache.push(a);

};

• Seems like it was my fault. I tried a lot of (almost random) actions to solve my problem - and when i hited "reset global variables" between 2 cycles of using effects of the card, crush was not occured. It's still interesting why that mistake was, but at least this semi-shaman-like action helped to deal with issue and i can continue my project after 4 days of delay.

Conclusion: maybe i have too many global variables and some of them affected js array before 2nd iteration of card effect's cycle.

• Bumping your own post after an hour is ridiculous.

As is often stated, bug reports can take many days to be investigated, maybe even weeks if there is a complication.

Plus, as it's xmas, it's highly unlikely to be resolved until after the holidays, especially as you haven't followed the bug reporting guidelines in any way.

This makes it impossible for anyone else to even attempt to offer assistance.

• Closing, please follow the bug report guidelines and attach a .capx, or there is basically nothing we can do to investigate the problem.

Please also try disabling any browser addons in case they are breaking it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for recomendations about addons, i will give it to my community if they have smth similiar. Another sorry for double posting (problem was very important for me and i was trying to repair it myself for 4 days) and my apologies that i didn't enclose capx - project has a lot of events, the order of actions to reproduce bug was rather complicated and it has for now only french and russian languages. The main goal was to investigate is there a known bug or my errors in events and what i can do to resolve it. Happy Xmas and New Year.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)