Error Rendering View: Failed to read image file

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12667027/Construct%202/Bugs/ErrorRenderingViewBug.capx

Steps to reproduce:

Resize/Move any object in layout.

Observed result:

"Error Rendering view: Failed to read image file data. To prevents floods of alerts..."

After this if I try to proceed, Construct 2 completely crashes.

I have tried to strip down the project as far as I was able to and have the problem still occur. I'm extremely frustrated at this point as I don't know how to debug this problem and its basically brought my entire project to a halt. Is there a crash log? I couldn't find one.

EDIT: I recreated all the assets in a new project, and copied over the event sheets, so I'm not blocked at this point. whew...

The problem inexplicably occurred (although I'd already saved before I noticed it) after changing the Font Scale property of an instance of a SpriteFont from 1.2 to 1.35, following this project immediately became corrupted.

The daily backup is at least 4 hours of solid work behind, and a while back I had to uncheck the "Keep 2 backups of save within folder" since it occasionally recursively saves the previously autosaved compressed capx files as part of the new save capx resulting in steadily growing "save files" in excess of 100s of megs.

Browsers affected:

N/A

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Construct 2 version:

Release 142 (64-bit)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't reproduce, works fine here. Are your graphics card drivers up to date? Can you reproduce the problem on any other machines?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)