Editor stopped responding randomly

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

Sorry, but I cannot provide this since I lost almost all of my work from this bug. But here is the most recent backup I have on the highly unlikely chance that it contains anything that actually caused the problem:

dropbox.com/s/g2a6g36owk0wpzo/Speed%20Ball-2o9m6ufiw0ora.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Unknown

2. Unknown

3. Unknown

Observed result:

Construct 2 stopped responding after I clicked Run Layout. I waited about 5 minutes and nothing happened, so I closed Construct 2. I looked in my dropbox folder for a backup (which I configured to run hourly), but the backup was from 12:23 PM and only contained changes made since when I last saved (which must have been that time).

Expected result:

Construct 2 should have ran the layout normally instead of being an idiot and crapping its pants. (Sorry, I'm a bit upset from losing almost all of today's work.)

Also, it should have saved a backup around 8:30 PM (it's 9:36 PM right now) because I had it set to hourly.

Browsers affected:

I was using Chrome 30.0.1599.69, but the issue is with the editor, not in the browser.

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 8 Pro (64-bit)

Construct 2 version:

146 (64-bit)

• The backup doesn't happen on it's own, it is triggered when you hit save. The timer is more to keep it from making backups every time.

https://www.scirra.com/manual/61/preferences

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well unless they were to put a warning in the backups tab, I would consider it a bug.

• I'm afraid without reproduction steps there is very little we can do.

We've got autosave on our todo list - hopefully that will help...

• Sorry, but I haven't figured out exactly when it crashes. All I do know at this point is it happens sometimes when you run the game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)