Disabling group with include event sheet bug

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
- This pack is suitable for shooting games, running games, platform games, and side-scrolling...
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

mediafire.com/download/qfqfx1idd0as2s0/pauseKeyInterrupt.capx

Steps to reproduce:

The capx has all the setup you need. Please run the capx. Instruction is also provided in the layout.

Observed result:

You have 2 event sheets. Event sheet 1 has a group "not pause" and it includes Event sheet 2 inside the group. This implies that everything in Event sheet 2 is to be disabled, should the group in event sheet 1 is disabled. The actions in event sheet 2 are disabled along with event sheet 1 when group "not pause" is disabled. However, the keyboard event still receives input. Thus, the action will be still be performed.

Expected result:

The expected result is that, the keyboard interrupt should not fire event to the event sheet 2, as it is include in the group "not pause" in event sheet 1.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: Yes

Operating system & service pack:

Win 7 ultimate 64 bits

Construct 2 version:

r132 (64 bit)

Workaround: currently, I simply add another condition: timescale NOT equal to 0, in the keyboard event, to prevent this to happen.

• I think the startup events on the included event sheet execute before any events on the sheet it is included in. I never noticed you could move the "include" from the top bar, but I don't know if position matters. (as if it were not in any group)

Maybe if you put a group in the included event sheet as well, and enable/disable both...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)