Android V4.4.2 not producing sound

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

The version 4.4.2 (KitKat) Android does not play sound. And we believe that all versions prior to 5.0 do not produce sound.

Attach a Capx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6C0RF ... sp=sharing

Description of Capx

Simply plays a sound when the button is pressed.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Touch the button to play the sound
    • Step 2
    • Step 3 etc.

Observed Result

I am testing a sound .m4a and .ogg, compatible with smart phone. We export the project with "Cordova", "4.0+ (Ice Cream Sandwich) Crosswalk" and we exported to "Universal VS2013 Windows Phone 8.1".

Android compilation was done in cocoon.io.

This project is a test for Anadroid phones in version 4.4.2 and 5.1.1. And in Windows Phone 8.1.

On phones Windows Phone 8.1 and Android 5.1.1, the sound is played perfectly fine.

But in the Android 4.4.2 phone the sound is played.

We believe that all versions prior to 5.0 of Android the sound does't works.

Expected Result

Play the sound on phone platforms

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO) NO
    • FireFox: (YES/NO) Not testing
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO) NO

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 Pro

Phones: Android 4.4.2/5.1.1, Windows Phone 8.1

Construct 2 Version ID

R227

• You need to build with Crosswalk support for sound to work on Android 4.x. It's applied automatically on PhoneGap Build and the latest Intel XDK with the new project format, but otherwise I think you need to manually enable it. Closing as I'm assuming you've just built without Crosswalk.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I built it with Crosswalk in Construct 2 export but it did not function. What you mean? I dont understand...

You need to build with Crosswalk support for sound to work on Android 4.x. It's applied automatically on PhoneGap Build and the latest Intel XDK with the new project format, but otherwise I think you need to manually enable it. Closing as I'm assuming you've just built without Crosswalk.

• Have you tried any other build services? I suspect this is a problem with cocoon.io, probably that it just built without Crosswalk, which would cause this exact problem. Nobody else has reported any trouble, so I think you should either report this to cocoon.io or try a different build system.

• Ashley

I built app without crosswalk

without Crosswalk it gives a small size apk

I want a try with this

but sound is not playing What should I do for playing sound without Crosswalk

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)