All Mouse and Touch on Sprites and Buttons Not Working

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Problem Description

I have multiple events in my game that say "On touch (sprite/button), perform action" and the same with a mouse click. However, none of these seem to do anything. And when I try to touch/click a button (to go to a layout or perform action, etc), nothing happens.

Capx

https:/www.dropbox.com/s/ov4aso8pbl9ktok/NewPlatformer1-31-15.capx?dl=0

I'm just sharing the full game with you that I'm making because it isn't working on this specific game. The bug can be produced in the "Level Editor" layout or the "Main Menu" layout. How to below.

Steps to Reproduce Bugs

1. Download and open .capx

2. Go to Level Editor Layout

3. Run the Game (Any browser)

4. In Level Editor, Tap/Click on the first box in the top left of the UI, or click on the Grass Block in the first box of the UI

5. It should turn the background of the first box to red, however it doesn't. The touch or mouse function doesn't seem to work on any of the objects.

OR

1. Go to Main Menu Layout

2. Run the Game (Any Browser)

3. In Main Menu, click on "Play" or "Play Game" or whatever the first button says.

4. It should take you to the first level, but it doesn't. Touching or clicking a button doesn't seem to work either.

Observed Result

Nothing happens. For the Level Editor, the first slot you click on should turn red, but it doesn't. And on the main menu, clicking on the play button should go the first level of the game, but it doesn't.

Expected Result

I expected the results to be what I listed above, but they weren't.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10 Service Pack ? (Couldn't find it/didn't know where to find it)

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 221

• You don't have assigned any event-sheet to MainMenu or LevelEditor and the only event-sheet you have in this project is nearly empty. If I assign this event-sheet to LevelEditor the only event for LevelEditor in it, does what it should do in the LevelEditor.

• AustinJM

Not a bug - no Event Sheet attached to Layout.

Maybe it would be best if from now on you firstly post in the 'How Do I' section.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OK. Thank you zenox98 and Asmodean. In the past I have used 1 event sheet for all layouts and it worked fine, so I assumed this one would too. Thanks for the help.

• Closing as not a bug.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)