Admob ads not working in Cordova since last C2 update

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • I used cocoon ads and cordova admob free on cli, I think both are latest version. I just want to know why is the app works when compiled by my friend while I got the error. It confused me.

• Ok, please read this thread, you must use cocoon ads 1.0.12. Latest is version 2.0 an will not work. Also don't use 2 different plugins for admob, it may cause dependency conflict.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm afraid we cannot provide support for any third-party addons. If there is an issue with a third-party addon, or otherwise with Cocoon's service, please report it to them.

• I found the solution in using another cordova plugin for admob. I used it in my game (with Cordova CLI) and the ads are working fine.

I made a Construct 2 plugin for it, which works in the same way as the original AdMob plugin.

dropbox.com/sh/1hv0s03feivy1ca/AADyU_Ko8xgRtHx6ALSdYqjqa

Fist of all, you need to setup Cordova CLI on your PC. You should follow this tutorial (please follow it only until the "EXPORTING FROM CONSTRUCT" section):

construct.net/en/tutorials/building-mobile-apps-locally-with-cordova-cli-21

Then, follow these steps:

1. Export the game from Construct 2 using Cordova export

2. Go to the exported folder and open config.xml file. You should add this code (after other <plugin> tags):

<plugin name="cordova-plugin-admob-free" >

<variable name="ADMOB_APP_ID" value="Your-admob-app-id" />

</plugin>

In the value="" you should put the ID for your app from the AdMob website

3. Open Command Prompt

4. go to your exported folder (where your game is exported)

5. type: cordova prepare

6. wait for that to finish and then type: cordova build

After that is complete, you will have your .apk file. (the folder which has the .apk will be displayed in Command Prompt)

If you want to make a release apk (for the Google Play), you can follow this tutorial:

youtube.com/watch

Let me know if you need help though :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)