[152]C2's crash related to changing variable type

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimalist Crash Balls is a game where the goal is to hit the ball on the portal, with 20 different levels :)
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

CAPX

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open capx

2. Go to Timer family and change variable type from Value to Text

3. Going to event sheet and double clicking on the action will crash construct.

Observed result:

C2 crashes when trying to edit the action.

In my game project, what I originally did after first crash, was to copy the value in to the clipboard, then replace the value with 0 ( without the quotation marks ), changed the Variable type to Text, went back to action which have opened correctly without crashing, pasted the string and added float() to tokenat values. I then saved, but forgot to replace other action using same variable. So then, when opening it up, it did give me some error message and asks me to edit the line out trough xml.

Expected result:

C2 not crashing. Instead c2 should either change the value in to string or float automatically, or at least do something I would call "Action Freeze" ( not toggle cause otherwise it will get confusing )that would disable the action until it would be edited.

Operating system & service pack:

Specs are in the signature

Construct 2 version:

• I can't reproduce in the .capx you've provided. The 'Timer' family has no variables. If I edit the variable on the Sprite object, the 'Type' field is greyed out and cannot be changed - specifically because it would make expressions invalid. Can you confirm precisely what you are doing?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Let me check the capx and get back to you.

• capx2

Ok, made a mistake when reproducing the bug. Now it's working. So if you go to Timer family and change the variable TimeVar type to text and go back to the action and try opening it it should crash.

• Thanks, can reproduce - will take a look for the next build.

• Should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)