[r218 0.13.0 alpha] Webstorage and savedata has been deleted

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a system for building scorecards and achievements online for use in games Using this system, you can create a scorebo
  • Problem Description

Webstorage and save game data has been deleted, I wanted to upload a update of my game with some of the new features but I can't because they will lost his game data.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Open a older project with game data.
    • Preview or export your project (in my case NWJS)
    • Every game data of -- Webstorage & System -> Save game -- you had will be note available anymore.

Expected Result

I need the game data, no one want to lose something like that after play a lot...

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: YES
    • Node-webkit: YES

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10

Construct 2 Version ID

r218 NW v0.13.0 alpha 6

• Are you talking about losing save data when moving from NW.js 0.12.x or older to 0.13.x? Or is it losing save data with the same version of NW.js? If so have you tested alpha7 as well?

• nw.js 12 and below looks for and uses local storage in: local\(game name)\Local storage

any of the 13+ look for and use it in: Local\(game name\User Data\Default\Local Storage

• In this thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/nwjs-general/Z1V9cmfPhRQ

Roger (one of the NW.js developers) says that NW.js 0.13 alpha6 and above should automatically import data from apps using NW.js 0.12 or older. Can you confirm if this is working or now in alpha7? Also beware it may be that if you tested an earlier version which didn't import data, you accidentally wiped the storage.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have just exported my game with v12 and then the same game again after updating c2 in steam and nw.js to beta 2.

v12 still has my save files (local storage)

When I open my game exported with beta 2 it loads with no saves. after making a save it works fine with anything beta 2

when I reopen the v12 version it uses the old saves again.

Currently local storage isn't backwards compatible with the earlier versions and uses different directories to look for local storage. My main problem is my game is released so I can't void everyone's data with the new update to nw.js.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)