Link to .capx file (required!):
Steps to reproduce:
1. Apply normalmap to tiled background (with textured version beneath (similar effect experienced when applied to layer.
2. Run project.
3. Drag select both texture and normalmap.
4. Scale both in any direction.
1. When the project is run, the normal map looks fine, but the light result is reversed vertically. Horizontally, it can occasionally be off as well, but at least it scrolls in the correct direction. It was suggested that to resolve this, you need only turn the scale of the normal map into a negative figure and reposition it, but this is not a fix, and may require a lot of changes throughout project development.
2. When scaled, the normal map again appears to be reversed. When you increase the scale, the normal map gets smaller, and when you decrease the scale, the normal map gets larger.
3. The code for a normal map on a tiled background and a standard sprite can be the same, but generate very different results.
Normal map should not be inverted vertically, and should not produce unwanted results when scaling, both in the layout editor, and when a project is run.
Internet Explorer: Can't even get normal maps to work
Operating system & service pack:
Windows 7, SP1
Construct 2 version: