Touch and mouse clicking (SOLVED)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hello, I would appreciate any help or explanation why the Touch and Mouse objects perform the way they do. Here is what happens:

See picture below and this is for a cookie clicker type game.

when using;

1) Touch object only: Works, but the mouse click does not register fast enough.

2) Mouse object only: Mouse click works perfectly! but no touch?

3) Both Touch and Mouse object: Works, but mouse click registers twice.

What happens when clicking on the player object, both the score and resources increase by 2 not 1 and on the enemy object the score only increase by 1 like it should. I think the enemy object works because it gets destroyed once clicked/tapped on. If I destroy the player object after it is clicked/tapped on then the score and resources only increase by 1 like they should.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks!

• Change event 2 to just use Touch: On touched object.

• Change event 2 to just use Touch: On touched object.

When I do that the mouse click does not register faster enough. I am trying to achieve a click/tap the object as fast as you can to collect more resources/score.

Thanks

• Try just replacing Tap with On touched. If that doesn't work, you can use "System: Is on mobile device" to pick whether to use Touch or Mouse.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try just replacing Tap with On touched. If that doesn't work, you can use "System: Is on mobile device" to pick whether to use Touch or Mouse.

I figured it out. Turned off the Use Mouse Input on the Touch Object, now it works. Thanks for the suggestion on System is on mobile device though, I will look into that option as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)