Performance difference between preview over WiFi and native

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hi guys,

I'm working on a small app right now and tend to test it very often on my iPhone with Construct 2's preview over WiFi function. While the app runs perfectly on my PC (as expected), it has frame rate issues on my iPhone which is weird since the download size is like 640kb and the game requires just 7MB RAM.

I was wondering: does preview over WiFi truly replicate the experience of playing the app on my phone or would a specific iOS build run better?

Also, in general: other than keeping file sizes small and all that, what are there for possibilities to push performance on mobile systems?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate all answers. I won't upload the project.

• Generally the performance improves however; if your having issues you should read the manual on optimizing and there are several tutorials as well. If your having performance issues, it's in the game and not the wifi. There could be many reasons for the poor frame rate.

• Download the CocoonJS launcher app. Export your capx through Cocoonjs. Once you've got the ZIP folder of your game, put it on your phone. Launch the open your game via the CocoonJS launcher app.

I've been using the CocoonJS launcher app for a few months. Haven't actually a compiled a game with CocoonJS, but the performance I get with testing my game on their is quite something.

As always, test often.

• Download the CocoonJS launcher app. Export your capx through Cocoonjs. Once you've got the ZIP folder of your game, put it on your phone. Launch the open your game via the CocoonJS launcher app.

I've been using the CocoonJS launcher app for a few months. Haven't actually a compiled a game with CocoonJS, but the performance I get with testing my game on their is quite something.

As always, test often.

Wow, the performance increase might be small right now since I have to improve my code, but damn that game looks way better than during the C2 preview or IntelXDK.

What are the most recent CocoonJS build tutorials?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okay, after some tuning performance jumped to slightly over 60 FPS, wow - why isn't this supported anymore?

• Historical issues of communication troubles between scirra and ludei

to be honest, it seems to be better that way.

• Historical issues of communication troubles between scirra and ludei

to be honest, it seems to be better that way.

Is it really? The amount of complaints that are given about performance being terrible on mobile devices is quite a large concern in the C2 community. Ludei seems to offer a good exporter that improves all around good performance . Communicating is something that take a lot of time and understanding and I think they should give the effort because it's the consumers who have so much to gain from it.

• By better, I meant that when scirra and ludei tried to work together (I think it started before I joined the community), it just plain did not work, now however, most of the issues with canvas+ seems to be corrected, and the open source plugin works as far as I read.

I am not talking about the said official exporters, chrome is unreliable short term (they broke things too many times) and long term (preserving the aspect of the past of the web seems ro be something they rather not do), and so it should not be the solution someone uses.

Actually I always feel like no exporter should be officially supported, C2 does html5 and javascript, just let the community choose their preferred wrapper between all that exists and like natural selection the better ones will stand out.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)