Is Exporting now licence only?

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
  • Hi,

When I try to export, I just get a black screen with a 'make your own games with Construct2 the HTML game creator'.

What's up?

My old computer was slain by an elf.

I'm using the trial version of C2, for now.

• "Several exporters, e.g. for mobile or desktop publishing, are unavailable"

Having looked at the list of stuff missing from the licensed version (I didn't use the free version for very long) I think it would drive me nuts. C2 is dirt cheap for what it does. (GameMaker for example, if you want to export to anything other than Windows is $550 and that's a special offer, GameSalad is $200 a year).

Some of those that claim to be 'free' aren't actually free. The business thing is also very generous, AFAICS they are identical except if you make more than $5k you have to spend another £180 or so. Which isn't a bad exchange

Seriously, I would give thought to buying if only for families and effects and stuff.

• I know, it's a steal. But it'll be the third time I've bought the same piece of software. I just want to show a project to somebody. I don't need mobile or desktop. (I tried desktop, and it said this option is unavailable. which makes me think that I might be just doing something wrong with my export for HTML-5. In which case, buying it again- and I will, sooner or later- won't fix the issue.)

• Judging by the medal next to your avatar, you own a C2 license and should have all the export options. So why are you using the trial version?

If you need to get a new license because of computer issues, email and talk to them about your situation. You shouldn't need to buy multiple copies of C2.

• huh! Neato... I'll check it out tonight!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Go to the store, check your downloads, and download the license You should have it there.

• The personal licence is for you as a person, as long as you remove it from your old PC you can use it on a new one.

• Thanks everyone!

Yep, my old licence still counts! That's great!

...but my exported games are still not working. Now they just show a black screen-no link. I also tried this: File; New; Template : Platformer ; and then export straight away. Same same. Black screen. Any thoughts?

• Update your computer

• Never!

• Which version of Construct 2 do you use?

• When you say "black screen" I presume you mean the browser here. I would set it up so it displays the javascript console log (how depends on your browser) and see if it is spitting anything out.

• When you say "black screen" I presume you mean the browser here. I would set it up so it displays the javascript console log (how depends on your browser) and see if it is spitting anything out.

CTRL + SHIFT + J in chrome and FF.

• The Free edition can still export. If you're using the latest beta r209 I think there's a bug which in some cases causes it to get stuck on the splash, and should be fixed in the next beta. If that's not the problem, please file a bug in the Bugs forum following all the guidelines.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)