Is Audio affected by Parallax?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of 10 Parallax Background to make pixel art game.
  • Hi there,

I am wondering if audio is affected by parallax at all?

So if I have a listener on a 0,0 parallax layer (Layer1) (and set to the window center, on a sprite object (for visual debugging purposes) )

and If a sound is playing on an object (on a separate 100,100 parallax layer (Layer2)) which passes the screen left to right, the effect would be heard left to right, however because my layout is 5000px wide, I have made my mouse wheel scroll left and right, which obviously keeps my listener in the screen center on a 0,0 parallax, so although it's in a static visual place on my screen (the sprite with an attached listener to it)) the audio data does not seem to be affected/reflected by this change in listener position in relation to the object making the sound.

So, as initially stated, is audio affected by parallax, or have I done something wrong that I would need to try figure out?

If no... bit of creative thinking for a workaround

If yes... Any suggestions on potential reasons why it's not working?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is there any more on this, I'm having basically the same problem two years later.

The listener sprite is located on the UI layer (0,0) so that it stays centered, but it acts like it's 1000 pixels to the left, where the default location is.

Reassigning the listener to the sprite again has no effect.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)