How do I respawn instances of an object?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • So saying I have a "Troll" sprite and created few instances of it. Now I need to respawn them every time my player kills them.

But this isn't working. I try to do it with pick by IID. But it only works for one instance. Then I tried creating new spawn sprites for other troll instances and repeat the On Destroyed event but that doesnt work as well. I tried to add another event/sub event pick by unique UID of troll instances but failed.

Im a beginner so I havent got yet to the point to understand UID/IDD very well and if they change on destroy/respawn.

I also tried it without a respawn sprite. And it works ok. But it respawns them instantly, which I dont want it. I added the time behavior to troll but then doesnt respawn at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Because the sprite which you want to get the IID/UID was destroyed.

Construct can't find it anymore.

You can set the layer number directly or store the layer number of your Troll right before it destroyed.

• Im sorry Im afraid I dont understand you. Could you please write a simple example.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why instead of having 2 a second condition "On destroyed" just create a sub action inside the main one: If Health <= 0

• Destroy
    • Start Timer
  • Simplify is the spawn object cannot find your Troll.IID after it destroyed

You will need to replace it with your certain layer number.

• A simpler method might be to simply turn the troll invisible and disable his movement and logic. He will appear "destroyed" and "respawned" but really you're just hiding and later re-enabling him (allowing him to retain his UID)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)