How do I provoke a platform reaction without using platform?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Plant a bomb and Destroy as Many Zombies as Possible
  • Hi,

I have been reading and watching tutorial this 2 days and a thought came through me while I am doing that.

Basically you want to use the platform reaction in a non-platform game. Eg. In a side scrolling infinite flying game, you want to have the character make contact with the ground rather than dying. The character should be able to fly up again with a single click. I have tried a few ways involving the platform function but it doesn't seem to work.

Is this doable?

• Of course that should be possible to 'construct'. I usually start with outlining the idea, visualizing it into sketches, then build the logic from there from what I already know. Do some observation, some research, learn available examples from other.

With or without specific behaviour, any mechanic/gameplay should be possible to create.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can enable and disable the platform and 8-direction behaviors as needed with actions.

• You can enable and disable the platform and 8-direction behaviors as needed with actions.

Holy! I swear I had this same theory in mind yesterday but no matter what I did it doesn't seem to work but I tried it again today and boom!

I have another question related though. How do you set it in a way that as the character approach the platform (not colliding yet), the animation starts to change? Does this have something to do with variable?

Appreciate all the replies!!

• First thing that comes to mind would be overlapping at offset condition, but this problem can get a little bit tricky. You probably eventually need to differentiate between approaching vs leaving, or just passing over. That logic you will have to work out on your own. Break it down as clear as possible all the conditions required to land, then put into place the code and variables needed to check those conditions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)