How do I press multiple keys down

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Piano Keys
$3.99 USD
A musical typing game where the goal is to play a song by pressing the matching keys as fast as you can!
  • Gah.. this seems such a stupid question, but i gots to bare the shame and ask it.. i get it how you set a key press to do something, but how do you get an action by pressing two keys at the same time?

what im trying to do is that say i press down, my player starts walking in that direction, but say i press shift-down, the player would reverse and not turn downwards.

• Add a second condition..

right click event - add another condition

on down pressed

on shift pressed

do stuff

• Ah, since its you that answered.. i actually i was referring to the movement thing you helped me out before at the topic "https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=130167&p=914512#p914512" , the thing works beautifully, but i cant seem to get it to move past the four main directions without making it flip out on me. I'd need all the eight directions to work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It seems like only 6 keys can be pressed at the same time? (Using Construct 3) any additional key is not detected until one of the first 6 is released. Anybody has any experience on this?

• It seems like only 6 keys can be pressed at the same time? (Using Construct 3) any additional key is not detected until one of the first 6 is released. Anybody has any experience on this?

It's quite possible this is a keyboard limitation. For example, my SP4 can't recognize if I'm holding shift and press the left arrow key at the same time.

Keep in mind this is hardware-specific (but can also be limited by software), and expecting users to hit more than two or three keys at the same time is outside of standard keyboard usage.

There's a test app at the top of this article to see what your keyboard supports: http://www.microsoft.com/appliedscience ... ained.aspx

• Thanks digitalsoapbox!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)