How do I make an "on-rails" camera?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hi, I'm making a platformer and unfortunately, the "scroll to" behaviour doesn't quite suffice. So, is there anything that can help me with this issue?

• Hello.

I didn't understand exactly whats going wrong in your game. Maybe uploading your .capx and giving more details might help.

But anyway, every time I try to use the "Scroll to" behavior and it doesn't work usually it's because I forget that the size of the layout must be bigger than the size of the window, or the layout's Unbounded scrolling property must be set to Yes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nothing is going wrong, it's just that the Scroll To behaviour isn't quite what I want, but I can still live with it. Thanks either way.

• Isn't quite exactly what I want?

Could you be more vague?

Explaining what you would like, might even make it possible for people to explain what you could/should do to get that effect..

"My car isn't quite exactly the colour I want, could someone help me?

What colour is your car?

What's wrong with the colour?

Have you tried painting it another colour or is that a problem?"

• I believe the OP is looking for a way to animate the camera/object along a predefined path. "On a rail".

• While this isn't a specific solution to your issue, it's a pretty invaluable tool for doing advanced camera control:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)