How do I make an inventory slot stock up items?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for maintaining an inventory with crafting possibilities. Completely documented in text and video.
  • I´ve created this inventory using a tutorial. If anyone knows how to make a slot stock up more of the same item and then display it under it, please tell me how to do that

Even sheet: prnt.sc/ahlxlx

Inventory slot instance variables: prnt.sc/ahm0km

Gold Drop instance variable: prnt.sc/ahm0m6

• Can we get a capx please?

• Actually here´s the tutorial link and you can get the .capx there. It´s all the same in my project and my project is like 30 mb´s big

Tutorial: scirra.com/tutorials/985/how -to -make -inventory -without -arrays

-remove the spacing in the link

.capx: dropbox.com/home

• I've got an example almost working to a t (95%) but did you want items to be able to stack more than once in a slot? I.e, for picking up multiple apples, ore, etc.

• https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/583/ea ... g-an-array

Here is an easy inv done using arrays, This is more what i think you are asking for.

• I don't wan't to work with arrays.

And yeah LaDestitute, I want to make the items to be able to stack up more than once in a slot.

• xDelta7 i know how you might feel about arrays. They are hard to grasp at first, I have been using construct for awhile and still dont know everything about them.

As a game developer you should atleast try to learn them in your spare time since it will undoubtedly save you time doing inventory systems , World generation and much more.

You dont have to use the tutorial i posted but it will give you the proper place to start when you are ready.

Good luck with your project keep us all posted!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I´ve been using construct for 2 months now and I know how to do everything else that my game needs except the inventory system, and I can´t move any further without making it first. Already created the sprites and animated them, figured out a simple crafting system and other stuff.. But this inventory just makes me wanna quit everything so bad bcuz when I look at arrays my mind is like "this looks weird, I wonna go do something else with my life.." and I just can´t force myself to concentrate on that :/

Btw this is not my real scirra account. I´m having some issues with my passwords sync and I don´t feel like fixing that today.

• Don't be afraid of arrays! They are basically just spreadsheets of data. Extremely useful.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)