How do I make a window or Panel?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • In particular I am looking to create like a "character stat sheet" window -- which will include lots of text objects, and i want to keep them all relative to the bounding "window". In other words, I don't want to have to create event entries to make all the objects invisible/visible ... i would just like to make the whole window invisible/visible and if i wanted to animate a "slide in" sort of effect, i'd want to animate just the window/panel and all the text labels contained within would move in perfect relative location to its parent window/panel.

Is there something like that I can do?

thanks,

mike

• " I don't want to have to create event entries to make all the objects...."

Short of doing that, no.

Might take a look at the pin behavior, and families, and containers, and blend modes, and...

We don't have any plugs to handle prefabs for gui's, but everything 2d is doable.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • " I don't want to have to create event entries to make all the objects...."

Short of doing that, no.

Might take a look at the pin behavior, and families, and containers, and blend modes, and...

We don't have any plugs to handle prefabs for gui's, but everything 2d is doable.

What he said. Everything you'r looking to have is doable. I was able to create a pop-up menu with objects to select, a text box describing how they work, and creating the object at the mouse when the menu goes away. And I did all of this just following C2's events and logic.

• Ahh yes... The Pin behavior. That has helped me out a lot ... thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)