How do I make a single large background picture

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for counting pictures. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Hi,

I'm wanting to make a drag and drop matching game - with a single large picture in the background. Different parts of the picture will be highlighted (probably on different layers) and there will be a list of names to match with the different parts of the picture. I will probably make two versions - one where one part highlights at a time and you can click on the correct name out of the list, then the next part highlights. The other where one name flashes up at a time and you click on the correctly highlighted part of the picture.

My question is, can I make a single large static picture in the background (and for each of the highlighted layers). I have only been able to find information on tiling a background. Since each game will be a single screen, no scrolling, and the picture not too complicated, I don't think it will make loading too difficult, if I can only work out how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Sound

• hi,

you can use a sprite and set your background picture in it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, I'm trying it now and I think it might work for what I want.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)