How do I Keep From Spawning More Than One Projectile?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX One contains 400 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • Everything is fine when I set the projectile to spawn right at the moment of key press-- I get one projectile per press.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Function | On "Shoot" | Player: Set animation to "Fire", Spawn "Projectile" on layer 1 (image point 1)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

However, with the animation that goes along with it, I don't want the projectile to spawn until frame 3.

So I set it up as a new, separate event:

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Function | On "Shoot" | Player: Set animation to "Fire"

Player | Is animation "Fire" playing|

Player | Animation frame = 3 | Player: Spawn "Projectile" on layer 1 (image point 1)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

And now on each key press, five or six projectiles are spawned from animation frame 3!

Like I said, this only happens when I restrict it to a specific frame.

How can I make it so that only one projectile is spawned per key press, on the frame I want?

• Well the frame lasts longer than one tick..

So every tick the frame is playing, a projectile is spawned..

Adding a system trigger once while true condition should suffice..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, it worked!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)