I'm having problems setting up what I believe should be pretty simple Mouse Hover events. I removed the background image to make the CAPX fit size requirements.
* 4 option PNG based menu, each having a semi-transparent block around the text.
* On Mouse Hover for each menu item, fade in a highlighted version with a transparent background (the highlight will be on top of the base image, see the Load button for an example that is working).
* On Not (X) Mouse Hover, fade out previously highlighted item.
* Only 1 button (Load) fades in when the semi-transparent Sprite border is crossed.
* All other buttons fade in when the text itself is reached (you can move around the edges of the images to no effect, slide the mouse down the buttons' front edges, only Load lights up).
* It seems like it's only picking up the non-transparent text and not the semi-transparent bounding box, but the Load button works as I expected (its events are at the top of the Event Sheet).
* All button PNG files (base and highlight) were created from the same template in Photoshop (2 layers, I turn off the text Style to create the base versions, hide the semi-transparent background for the highlights)
* Firefox (36.0.1)
* Internet Explorer (11.0.9600.XXX)
Construct 2 Version:
* Release 195 (64 bit) - Unlicensed at this point (still determining viability)
For testing I moved the highlight versions off of the base versions where it wasn't working, removing any overlap, to ensure that they weren't capturing the Mouse Hover.
Can Mouse Hover be checked this much in a single event page (it would surprise me if that were the case)? Am I ordering things incorrectly?
Any insight would be appreciated.